• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are the best waterproof potty training pants?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:24 AM
  • 8 Replies

I found these, but they are $25 for a three pack and they want flippin $11 to mail three little pairs of underwear. They are supposed to be very good though. What ones have you tried and how well did they work. These are waterproof of the outside.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ceciliam
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:26 AM

We just went right to underwear but I'll give you a bump:)

Did you try looking on Etsy?

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Quoting ceciliam:

Thanks, I did that with my first one but this one is being really stubborn. He just does not want to go to the bathroom. He is already three, my oldest was potty trained way earlier. I thought that if he could feel the uncomfortable part of being wet, without getting it all over the house, he might want to go.

I haven't looked on etsy. I will try that.

baker1956
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:35 AM

ya we went right to underwear to stuff that didn't work stll gives that dipear feel and they can feel there wet with underwear even though u go throw more laundry but at night i did use pull ups for bedtime

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Quoting Jynnifer292:

Quoting ceciliam:

Thanks, I did that with my first one but this one is being really stubborn. He just does not want to go to the bathroom. He is already three, my oldest was potty trained way earlier. I thought that if he could feel the uncomfortable part of being wet, without getting it all over the house, he might want to go.

Put on underwear first, then put on a pull up.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting Jynnifer292:

Quoting ceciliam:

Put on underwear first, then put on a pull up.

Now, there is a thought. lol I could try that.

Mom2jngnc
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:59 AM

I too went right to underware. Lots of paper towels to blot the floor, and we found a product for dog urine that worked really well on little boy urine too.  

I just moved my niece to underware, she's over 3 as well. Wanted nothing to do with it, as her biological Mom is/was forcing her. Here she does great now, but the 2 days with her Mom she wants nothing to do with it (insert slight evil laughter).

My oldest ds wasn't potty trained until he was 4. However, when he was potty trained we had NO accidents, and he was fine overnight.

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, Christopher and Alexander 

"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I too went right to underware. Lots of paper towels to blot the floor, and we found a product for dog urine that worked really well on little boy urine too.  

I just moved my niece to underware, she's over 3 as well. Wanted nothing to do with it, as her biological Mom is/was forcing her. Here she does great now, but the 2 days with her Mom she wants nothing to do with it (insert slight evil laughter).

My oldest ds wasn't potty trained until he was 4. However, when he was potty trained we had NO accidents, and he was fine overnight.

I think I have been too laid back about it. I didn't want to push and have him resist so I waited.....and waited....and waited. Seems he is in no hurry. lol My step son was trained in one day. My husband bought him underwear and he did not want to mess them up so he never peed in them.

noahsmommy7407
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:23 PM

gerber sells thicker underwear in stores like kmart and walmart its more absorbent so it doesnt end up all over the floor if they pee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)