• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When your kids embaress you

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:28 AM
  • 12 Replies

Lets share some things our kids have done that embaress us!

When DD was 2 days old, DH and I took her to his work so he could sign out on leave. We were rushing in the morning to get there, and I hadnt changed her diaper when she first woke up. She was in her carseat and started crying. I picked her up, only to discover she had poop everywhere- up her back, all over her clothes, all over her new carseat, and now on my hands. Thank goodness his sargents were women who had kids! Lesson learned.

When DD was about 3 months old, we were at an FRG meeting talking about casualty notifications during deployment. The mood was very solemn, and everybody was quiet. In one of those very quiet moments, she started farting really loudly! All the women started laughing, me laughing the hardest. I think my face was beet red because everybody turned around to look at me. And she continued to fart loudly during the rest of the meeting. LOL!!

I am a breastfeeding and formula feeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
serioussifL
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:53 AM

nobody? i need a laugh

I am a breastfeeding and formula feeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
and love my husband

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:56 AM

It takes a LOT to embarrass me, I'm usually the one embarrassing my family!

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

3girls4mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Mine is always when my kids say something they aren't supposed to in public...like about someone they see.  There was the time my daughter saw a bald man and asked him if he EVER had any hair on his head! There was the time we were behind someone in a check-out lane and my daughter asked me (loudly) if the person in front of us farted because they stank really bad! There was a time that I was talking to someone and my daughter says "Mom, why are you talking to her when you told dad you don't even like her?" 

Lizzy317
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:00 AM

I was very pregnant with him and we had gone out of town to a family BBQ and I had been feeling sick to my stomach. About 10:30 at night while everyone was just laying around the house trying to relax this horrible sound came from me. It sounded like explosive dia. Only it came from my BELLY! Everyone looked at me thinking I had done messed my pants. My eyes got huge and I started yelling it wasn't me it was Hunter.  Luckily he did it again. We all decided he had a  blow out while still in me. Funny part was when he was born he had a bm before he came out.

mommatothree01
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Well, there was the time my 3 yr old asked our very cute bug guy (exterminator) if he could be his new daddy because his old daddy was gone (deployed).  But because he was a boy, he had to have a big penis because his old daddy had a big one.  He was potty training right as dh left and dh was teaching him how to stand up to pee and apparently that is what stood out in his mind...poor bug guy. He never did come back!

Then there was the time my 3 yr old (second ds) asked two VERY large men in an elevator why they were so big....right after we got on at the 9th floor going down.  Luckily, they were VERY nice about it and said that he could get that big if he ate his meals I cooked for him and lots of veggies.  He chatted with them all the way down and as we parted ways he said how much he liked them.

Then there was when my dd thought every man in a uniform was daddy when she was about 2.  She is my oldest and I got embarressed much more easily.  Anyway, she grabbed this guys hand to walk out of the hospital while I was looking for my keys.  She looked  up and realized it wasn't her daddy and started screaming at the top of her lungs.  The poor guy freaked out and started apologizing like crazy, everyone was looking, it was bad....lol. 

serioussifL
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:26 AM

omg!!!! that first one is sooooo funny!!!! you all have good ones!!

Quoting mommatothree01:

Well, there was the time my 3 yr old asked our very cute bug guy (exterminator) if he could be his new daddy because his old daddy was gone (deployed).  But because he was a boy, he had to have a big penis because his old daddy had a big one.  He was potty training right as dh left and dh was teaching him how to stand up to pee and apparently that is what stood out in his mind...poor bug guy. He never did come back!

Then there was the time my 3 yr old (second ds) asked two VERY large men in an elevator why they were so big....right after we got on at the 9th floor going down.  Luckily, they were VERY nice about it and said that he could get that big if he ate his meals I cooked for him and lots of veggies.  He chatted with them all the way down and as we parted ways he said how much he liked them.

Then there was when my dd thought every man in a uniform was daddy when she was about 2.  She is my oldest and I got embarressed much more easily.  Anyway, she grabbed this guys hand to walk out of the hospital while I was looking for my keys.  She looked  up and realized it wasn't her daddy and started screaming at the top of her lungs.  The poor guy freaked out and started apologizing like crazy, everyone was looking, it was bad....lol. 

and love my husband

mitch576
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:32 AM

i had brought my oldest son who has high functioning autism out shopping. well i wanted to try on some clothes and i'm not leaving ANY 6 year old unattended in a dressing room never mind one with autism  so i brought him in the stall with me.

i tell him " devy, close your eyes mommy wants to try on these jeans"

so he covers his eyes and starts saying..

" i can't believe you are taking off your clothes"

and he's giggling.

now.. i keep telling him right out at this point " dev.. shut your mouth! shhh!"

nope.. the kid keeps going. giggling " i can't believe you are taking off your clothes"

i NEVER dressed so quickly in my LIFE! i got the hell out of kohls before anyone could call the cops on me claiming child abuse in the dressing room.

friggin kids!

then.. he once told an entire 2 nd grade lunch room that if fish sticks weren't cooked properly, that they would all get tape worms... which results in you pooping one day and a segment or two coming out.. which can lead to you having to either pull.. or clip with scissors to take to teh dr... so you can get meds.

yeah.. there's a whole district of parents who hate my kid over that one! lol

then there was the day he told his second grade teacher " my brother came out of my mother's birth canal"

yeah.. that ranks right up there in the top of things you wish your kids hadn't figured out.

and yes.. we have since blocked discovery health from our t.v.! lol

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

Evilfelly07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM

lmfaooo that is great.

Quoting serioussifL:

Lets share some things our kids have done that embaress us!

When DD was 2 days old, DH and I took her to his work so he could sign out on leave. We were rushing in the morning to get there, and I hadnt changed her diaper when she first woke up. She was in her carseat and started crying. I picked her up, only to discover she had poop everywhere- up her back, all over her clothes, all over her new carseat, and now on my hands. Thank goodness his sargents were women who had kids! Lesson learned.

When DD was about 3 months old, we were at an FRG meeting talking about casualty notifications during deployment. The mood was very solemn, and everybody was quiet. In one of those very quiet moments, she started farting really loudly! All the women started laughing, me laughing the hardest. I think my face was beet red because everybody turned around to look at me. And she continued to fart loudly during the rest of the meeting. LOL!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
MsPsychotic
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:48 AM

I had taken my oldest son to play at the mall play area when he was 3yrs old. It had been raining for a few days. He was tired of being in the house. He just had to get out! He was playing and happy and all was well. Until he fell and landed hard on his butt. He jumped up and screamed, "Momma! Kiss my butt!!" as he's crying because his poor bum hurt from the fall. A few people turned and stared in disbelief. My face went red, instantly. I kissed my hand and rubbed his bum. That was all it took to make him feel better, but I was embarassed!

When my daughter was a baby, I took her to her 2 month check-up. We were sitting in the waiting room of the doctors office. Myself, my 4yo son and my 2 month old daughter. My daughter had BAD gas. She started farting, loudly! After a really stinky one, my son perks up and says, "Ew! Momma! You farted?" I told him it wasn't me, it was his sister. He says to me, "No, Momma! Babies fart little. That was big! That was you!" It didn't help that, upon seeing my face turning red, an older man started agreeing with my son. "Yeah, babies don't fart like that. It must be Momma, huh?" the man said. It made my son laugh hysterically, but did nothing to ease my embarassment.

ShawnaH2005
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:54 AM

I think I was most embarrassed when my 4 yr old ds came out of the bathroom at a resturant naked from the waist down bent over and said "mom, did I get it all?"  We were sitting right by the bathroom door and he insisted he go by himself. I didnt realize it was a #2 or i would not have let him go alone!  Everyone laughed but I was horrified!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)