Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The absolute worst holiday ever

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:38 AM
  • 9 Replies

Valentines day lol.  What are you all doing for valentines day?  What are you getting your s/o?  And anything else you wanna share, please do lol.  Feel free to include the best and worst valentines day ever.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:39 AM

In 2002 I gave my hubby a son on Valentines day and until he tops THAT he gets nothing else......lol....So Valentines..is cake ice-cream and balloons now... 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

Okiemamatoo3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:41 AM

here is one of the worst valentines for you....i lost my mom on valentines day last year...seems something always happens that week... :(

alexhuntercody
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:42 AM

I have never celebrated valentines day. To me it is not a holiday.

nonelikeme
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:42 AM

I love valentines day, I just love showering my husband with affection and gifts..lol.. it's very much a hallmark holiday, but I enjoy it. I'm going to make a roast with all the trimmings for dinner that night, and I am getting him a 3 tower box of chocolates, and matching coffee cups for me and him=).

And then 8 days later is our 2 year wedding anniversary, so for that I bought him a Mr.Beer Brewery kit, he's been wanting one for a while now. As for dinner and such.. I'm not sure.. maybe something having to do with shrimp? <3

Cavalrybaby02
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:43 AM

All I want is a dinner alone with my husband.  And maybe some flowers.

I think I will get him the book he's been wanting.

QuickMomma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:43 AM

No idea what the plans are for this year but we usually have a nice dinner after the kids go to bed together,then lay on the couch cuddling watching a movie.He usually gets me flowers and once I bought a nice red thonge cause he loves when I wear them and wore it for him,then we had a candle light bubble bath together.

Am hoping this year I can have someone watch the kids so we could go out to dinner and a movie though.

lajamielyn
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Well... the last thing I got for Valentines Day was 9 yrs ago and a BF of mine made me a photo collage of  my lil girl .. she was a year old then... but i've been married 2x now and for the past 9 years I have gotten NOTHING.. I have seemed to marry 2 men that don't believe in the "small" holidays...lol.. or bdays or christmas... I haven't gotten a present since 2007 and that was a pair of shoes for Christmas!!! LOL  Hope everyone else is doin better in the holiday dept than I am!! 

mandalouwhotn
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Its my favorite holiday!  My hubby plans ours, its always a surprise and I get him something little.  We are going out the Saturday before this year.  For the kids we wake up and do a scavenger hunt for their gifts....i got the idea from Jon and Kate...lol....heart shaped pancakes and then do lunch or dinner at the rainforest cafe and build a bear.

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Quoting Just_Bethy:

In 2002 I gave my hubby a son on Valentines day and until he tops THAT he gets nothing else......lol....So Valentines..is cake ice-cream and balloons now... 

Haha!!  Thats awesome!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)