Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Books

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:43 AM
  • 13 Replies

Has anyone read any good books lately? I am bored and want to read but sadly I can not find any good books that I havent already read. I am curent on all James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, Janet Evanovich. Hell i even read all the Twilight series (which only took me a day each) That is my other problem, I read them way to fast. I need a book that will keep my busy for at least two days.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just_Bethy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:45 AM

What genre do you like.??..I don't recognise any of those authors.... 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Click

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Just go to the library...lots of books there.

I just finished reading the repairman jack series by F. Paul Wilson. It's was really good. Along the lines of the authors you mentioned.

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

Jrasifarmer
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I LOVE Iris Johansen and Lisa Gardner.  I also really like independent writers(nonpublished).  I have like  a million ebooks if you want to look at them a little before chosing one...but I would definitely suggest Iris Johansen. 

If you want some ebooks....just message me your email!!

dwintz2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Quoting Just_Bethy:

What genre do you like.??..I don't recognise any of those authors.... 

Those are mainly murder mystery type books. Also it to like science type things. Like John Saul or Robin Cook. Medical things that are not happening but could. Anything that is funny is good too. Hey has anyone read the book I Hope they serve beer in hell by Tucker Max. Good book, had me laughing so hard it hurt. I want to see the movie now

LavenderMom23
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Fallen By Lauren Kate

This book has had me captivated for a week, but I'm a busy mom. It might only take you a day or two, but the story is well worth it.

Luce must spend her senior year at reform school after her boyfriend dies in a mysterious fire. She suspects that the dark shadows that have tormented her all her life had something to do with it. When she meets supernaturally gorgeous Daniel, she feels a familiar longing, making her believe they have met before. Although Cam is clearly interested in her, Luce only wants Daniel, who runs both hot and cold. He tries to keep Luce at a distance, telling her that the truth would kill her as it has many times before. The first chapter is gripping and foreshadows the supernatural elements to come. The plot revolves around lovers who find one another, only to lose one another over and over again in a story that spans centuries. Instead of vampires, though, these are fallen angels. Many elements are not resolved, such as the cause of the fire and why angels are at this school. Still, fans of supernatural romance will be lining up for this book despite its flaws, and begging for a sequel.—Kris Hickey, Columbus Metropolitan Library, OH 

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

dwintz2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Quoting Jrasifarmer:

I LOVE Iris Johansen and Lisa Gardner.  I also really like independent writers(nonpublished).  I have like  a million ebooks if you want to look at them a little before chosing one...but I would definitely suggest Iris Johansen. 

If you want some ebooks....just message me your email!!

I have read a few of Iris's books, they were very good. Tess Garrison is good too.

xxLukesMamaxx
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I just got done reading Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock. A lot of people really like that book. I thought it was okay.

Before that I read The Time Travelers Wife and I really liked that! It was good!

Also, if you want a good book, look at what movies are out. If a book is made into a movie, it was probably a really good book (i.e. my sister's keeper, the lovely bones, time travelers wife, ps I love you ) <--- all excellent books!

Jrasifarmer
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:04 AM

I haven't read this yet BUT I have it on eBook. I also really want to read Beautiful Creatures because I heard it was good!!!

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Fallen By Lauren Kate

This book has had me captivated for a week, but I'm a busy mom. It might only take you a day or two, but the story is well worth it.

Luce must spend her senior year at reform school after her boyfriend dies in a mysterious fire. She suspects that the dark shadows that have tormented her all her life had something to do with it. When she meets supernaturally gorgeous Daniel, she feels a familiar longing, making her believe they have met before. Although Cam is clearly interested in her, Luce only wants Daniel, who runs both hot and cold. He tries to keep Luce at a distance, telling her that the truth would kill her as it has many times before. The first chapter is gripping and foreshadows the supernatural elements to come. The plot revolves around lovers who find one another, only to lose one another over and over again in a story that spans centuries. Instead of vampires, though, these are fallen angels. Many elements are not resolved, such as the cause of the fire and why angels are at this school. Still, fans of supernatural romance will be lining up for this book despite its flaws, and begging for a sequel.—Kris Hickey, Columbus Metropolitan Library, OH 

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

mummaof2lilboys
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I've always been a fan of Danielle Steel and Jackie Collins. My friend's reading Dr John by Nicholas Sparks and says its really good. The movie comes out Feb 5th. V.C. Andrews is good, execpt all of her books come is four book series.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)