• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fireproof

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:49 AM
  • 13 Replies

I sat up last night and watched one of the most beautiful movies I have seen in a long time: Fireproof. My husband suggested that I watch it, which was most dear to me. It reflects so many relationships that have grown stale over the course of years of marriage or relationships, lack of faith, and loss of hope. It also shows what my mother has always preached about and that is how so many go out of their way to help a complete stranger, but treat their own families with little respect.

It definitely contains a lot of religious context, but the story line and acting are so very believable that it could easily mirror anyone's life; the main characters go from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I would suggest everyone view the film for relationship reinforcement, even if you don't need it. The story is absolutely lovely. It has elements for men and women to enjoy.

The website given at the end of the film gives a lot of resources. I have briefly glanced at the website, but will go peruse through it sometime today.

I just had to share! If any of you have already seen it, what did you think about it?

~Tierra~

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Oh yeah....the website is http://www.fireproofmymarriage.com/

~Tierra~

AutumnLeaves79
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:51 AM

i want 2 see it.

Mom2jngnc
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:55 AM

I know the theater here showed it. One of the churches had to buy a crazy amount of tickets, as a certain # of tickets being sold ahead of time was the only way they would show it. Saadly I own the movie, but have yet to take the 2 hrs. to watch. I have heard wonderful things about it.  

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, Christopher and Alexander 

"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."

kaitlynsmom1230
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I love it! I think it's a wonderful movie with some great lessons. 

ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I know the theater here showed it. One of the churches had to buy a crazy amount of tickets, as a certain # of tickets being sold ahead of time was the only way they would show it. Saadly I own the movie, but have yet to take the 2 hrs. to watch. I have heard wonderful things about it.  

Please take the time; you wont regret it!

~Tierra~

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:59 AM

i loved it!!!!  I also have the LoveDare and have been doing it. 

Mylesbaby boyMykailahbaby girlMykahbaby boy

Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils and Supplements

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:01 AM

The acting in the movie is less than to be desired, but I absolutely loved it.  It's definitely something I would attempt if I needed to.  The makers of this movie also did another one.  It's called Facing the Giants.  Same type of acting, but also a really good movie.  It's based on a football coach who is struggling in his job, marriage and within himself.

Here's a trailer for it....

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:02 AM

I've never heard about it but you've made me want to watch it now!  I'm guessing the average video store wouldn't carry it though so where would I find it?

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:09 AM

They should have it, I don't see why they wouldn't.

Quoting Allergic2Stupid:

I've never heard about it but you've made me want to watch it now!  I'm guessing the average video store wouldn't carry it though so where would I find it?

ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Quoting Allergic2Stupid:

I love your screenname, lol. Inboxing you now

~Tierra~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)