Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boomerang kid help PLEASE!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:52 AM
  • 0 Replies

I live with my fiance we have been together since 05. Last April his 23 year old son moved in with us. My son (he is 29 and disabled) also lives with us. Our house is a small 3 bedroom, so I had to move all of my stuff from the spare bedroom for his son which I did on my own. This young man is as his own dad told me selfish and self centered, I just didn't realize how true that was till he had been here awhile. He was working full time when he moved in at $16.00 pr hr he does not pay anything here my son does.The only thing he has bought for this house was 1 bottle of laundry soap. He rarely ever helps out with any chores and when he does it is after I get upset and tell him to or every once in awhile his father will tell him to. He stays up late every night playing xbox in the living room till like 2:30 am.Mind you after that he sleeps till noon or 1 and then he will get up and sleep on the couch. I hate this telling him he needs to sleep in his room he just keeps doing it. Lately he has been hanging out here more often and about 6 pm since he wants to play his game he starts telling us why don't u go to bed. If u are watching tv and get up to get a drink or go to the bathroom he steals the remote and starts channel surfing. The other night i had it I was pissed so I started watching my tv show on the computer so he turned the volume up loud on the TV (his dad was in bed trying to sleep). The next night i said to hell with it and went to bed at 6:45 pm only to be woken at 2:15 am with him going to the bathroom and closing doors and his cell phone ringing then more doors then him leaving for a booty call with his EX girlfriend. I  tried talking to his dad and dad was right with me agreeing something has to be done. I said we need to make rules for him if he is going to stay here, he agreed so when he got home from work I thought we should discuss it and set these rules. Dad was like I don't want to talk about it I just want to come home and relax. This is the way dad has been with this kid always(dad raised this son alone since the kid was 2) I have tried to sit this kid down and talk to him about these things it goes in and right straight out. I am worn out I am 53 going thru menopause and I contribute alot of money to this house. I have no place to sit and enjoy tv in the evening, I cook all the meals and my son or myself do all the housework with my fiance pitching in when he is home. Meals are another thing I cook and this kid will take all of what is left not considering that there are still others that need to eat, I have seen him overload his plate this way and then not eat it all. I love my man but this is hurting our relationship so much and I don't think he gets that. Right now I am contemplating just moving out as the stress of this kid is getting to me too much. Dads Mother even told him well you have always been way too easy on him and I was never easy on you and your brothers. I think we are not helping this kid I think we are enabling him as I told his dad, dad agrees but all he did was tell the kid to not sleep on the couch and to go to bed at midnight. And sorry but we have tried telling the kid these things before it DOES NOT WORK!! Any thoughts or advice from any moms out there would be great!! Thank you

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)