Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its the little things that GMH...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:29 AM
  • 5 Replies

My son and I just ran down to the laundry building in my apartment complex to grab laundry out of the dryer. When I got down there, the dryers were still running. I thought "Strange... its been over an hour...." This woman then walked in and said "Are those your clothes in those 2 dryers?" I said "Yes they are." and she said that when she was down there a few minutes before, they had stopped and she'd opened them to put her clothes in (not knowing mine were still in there) but when she saw that mine were still damp, she reset them for me. I thanked her and reached in my pocket to give her the money to replace what she'd spent on drying my clothes and she said "I've seen you and your son around. You a single mom and you work your butt off. I've been there too. Don't worry about it. Just pass it on somehow."

It may have been small... but it GMH. There are still good people out there...

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
FaerieMommie23
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Aw thats awesome!

R.I.P Uncle Bruce

lovinmy3babs
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:31 AM

How nice of her. We need more people like her in the world. And don't forget to pay it forward. Have a great day!!

Datina
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Yes, we do need more people like her! I'm definitely going to pay it forward. You have a great day as well!

Quoting lovinmy3babs:

How nice of her. We need more people like her in the world. And don't forget to pay it forward. Have a great day!!

Momof2MixdBoyz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:18 AM

That's awesome!!! Pay it forward!!! When I was in an apt building me and a few other single mothers used to do the same thing... we used to either fold eachothers clothes as we were pulling them out of the dryer or switch them to the dryer etc.... It was great and it helped out a lot!!!

Datina
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:46 AM

What good ideas! I may fold someone's laundry next time. :) I hope no one thinks I'm going too far by doing that.... I don't care who sees my panties - but some might.

Quoting Momof2MixdBoyz:

That's awesome!!! Pay it forward!!! When I was in an apt building me and a few other single mothers used to do the same thing... we used to either fold eachothers clothes as we were pulling them out of the dryer or switch them to the dryer etc.... It was great and it helped out a lot!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)