Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im tired of my yellow kitchen! Whats the new "in" color?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM
  • 20 Replies

Im tired of my yellow kitchen and i want a new color. I am asking this because I am thinking of going blue but Im not sure. I want to pick color but its harder than I thought! There are hundreds of them and I just have no clue...My cabinets are brown and white floor....I have always had a sort of coca cola them and I do like the retro look very much...you see why I am having trouble, I want a new color that does not look old. Please help with any suggestions..thank you.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaisyAg2003
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Can you take pictures of what it looks like now?

brendynsmama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Blue would be pretty,a light blue though since your cabinets are brown.You wouldn't want your kitchen too dark...neutral colors are always good to consider too.

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:43 AM

My kitchen is green, but my cabinets are white. Do you have a picture of your kitchen? That would help in giving color suggestions.

ceciliam
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Grey with yellow accent is the new "trend" colors.

My kitchen is blue right now but I may paint it a soft grey in the future. Not because it's the trend though...lol! I've actually been thinking of doing grey for quite some time now.

This is the blue I have now....

nurbabe82

I reccommend going to valspar.com There you can a pick a kitchen or any other room that closely resembles yours and play with colors to see how it will look. What I also like about that site is it will help suggest trim colors that go with the main color you choose. That is how I chose what colors I was going to paint in my house. 

Jadegirl1819

Bump.

I'm going through the same kind of agony about trying to pick out a color for our 2 story foyer and, well, basically the entire main level. My kitchen is a bright yellow.  I have dark green counter tops so I don't know what other color.

Be careful what color blue.  A friend painted their kitchen a medium blue but their brown cabinets had an orange undertone and it looked awful.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:45 AM

My kitchen is green.  We have maple (I think) cabinets and brown tile.  This is the green color.

AngelAlaskan
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:47 AM

I've always liked dark tones for the wood, with like a gold color for the background

So something like this

With this color wall, they call it Tuscany gold

DaisyAg2003
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:52 AM

My kitchen has tan walls (Drifting Dune is the name of the color), white cabinets.  I LOVE sunflowers, so those are my decorations.  I love the dark green accents that I have.

beerebelly
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I guess I can be of no help since my kitchen is yellow  lol  We do have a chair rail and the bottom color is a brown/grayish color.I guess you can't see the bottom color in this pic sorry :(

John, Steven, Brenna & TJ

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)