• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you've ever sold anything on Craigslist...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:44 AM
  • 6 Replies

I just posted a classified for a baby walker on craigslist- if someone replies to it through email to me how will i know its regarding the ad rather than just some spammer? i got one email and all it said was "Hi" so i deleted it b/c i figured it was spam... thanks for any answers!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
richardsgirl16
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:46 AM

I have so many things for sale on craigslist. I get alot of spammers! About stupid stuff. Usually if it goes to my inbox, i'll open it and see if its spam or if its actually someone wanting my item. Theres no real way to tell if its spam or not if its in your inbox unless you open it :)

r_aroberts
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Yes, you actually have to OPEN the e-mail to find out if it's spam or not.  There are many times that I write HI in the subject box when I'm replying to an ad on Craigslist.  When I sell things I also get people that use HI as the subject.  There are many times that I do get spam and I HATE it but there is nothing you can do about it.

my4littlegirls
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:48 AM

My thing is if they don't specifically mention the item in the email reply its a spam.  It may not be true but that is how I handle it.  Also, if it sounds like real generic of a response.  ie.  Hi I am intrested in your item. Please email me back at blahblah@blahblah.com . I do not respond to those because they are looking for vaid emails to send spam to.

myrtlebeach
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:49 AM

When I get replies it says item for sale on Craigslist

KRIZZ25
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:51 AM

yes i have sold and got stuff from cl..been like 2 years but i have . i never has spammers..sorry 

snoober_k
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Quoting myrtlebeach:

When I get replies it says item for sale on Craigslist

thanks i think thats pretty much the answer i was looking for! i just didnt know how to word my question

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)