Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moving while pregnant.. Have you?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:00 AM
  • 37 Replies

My DH lost his job like 2 months ago. I am going to work here soon but its temp. We are moving from PA to TX end of Feb for a job offer my DH got there. I am 13 weeks pregnant right now,  so I will be 17-18 weeks when we move. Its going to be a 2 to 3 day drive depending on weather , my 2yo, and my pee stops. I know what to expect me moved from AZ to PA but I wasnt pregnant! has anyone moved while they were pregnant?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

My Angel in heaven. He passed away at 4 years old to Leukemia Jan. 21st, 2009! Never forgotten! I will never be the same. www.caringbridge.org/visit/aedynstephens

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kays_Mama06
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I moved from NC to FL when I was about 18-19 weeks pregnant. It was only an 8-10 hr drive but you can still do a lot that early on. I don't see how it would cause you any harm.  

And I packed the car with the help of 2 friends and drove by myself and uploaded the car alone. You should be fine.

B-rod
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I moved back home to Tx at 18 weeks Pregnant with twins & I just came off of bed rest. I flew here with my 2 year old. But when we made the drive  a few weeks before my Dr said to walk abot 10 min every 2 o 3 hours of being in the car.. you can get blood. clots. Just take it easy with the moving part.

beaugrl0824
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM

We moved very late in my pregnancy with DD, we didn't close on the house till Sept 1 2006 and we didn't move in till Oct 8th and she was born Oct 17. It made the last few weeks of my pregnancy so difficult. Take plenty of stops to stretch your legs and pee....GL  

Cavalrybaby02
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:13 AM

We moved from Colorado to Kentucky when I was 14 weeks or so.  The Army did most of the moving, and DH had a uhaul trailer behind him, so all I had to do was drive me and DD. 

After we moved, we went from KY to Texas and back to MO and back to KY.  I was around 19 weeks by the time it was all over.  We just stopped frequently and got out once every couple of hours to walk around.

No biggie.

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I have. It was no different than moving when I wasn't pregnant.

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

Nicki1985
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I moved 650 miles while I was 8 months pg! Just make lots of stops and move your legs around! It's tough but not impossible. I had teh baby 3 weeks after we moved here too...that was hard LOL

mommareed
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I moved from TN to OH a week after having my daughter, then I moved while pregnant with both my sons (2 different moves)  from personal experience it is WAY easier to move when pregnant than having a newborn lol.  I am pregnant with our 4th and last baby and I am hoping NO moving this time LOL.

°o☆Proud Mom of 3 kids under3☆o     

samgoss
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM

We moved from South Carolina to Rhode Island to our 1st duty station when I was 8 months prego. It was no different than moving when I wasnt pregnant. The only hardship was that I had to live in an unfurnished house until a week before I delivered. It was really uncomfortable sleeping on a pallet on the floor 

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I was about 6 months when I moved from Las Vegas to Florida.

mummaof2lilboys
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:55 PM

We moved during both of my pregnancies! Not far from where we were living before. I didn't mind though. I was happy to stand in the living room and tell everyone where to put things!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)