Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about Income Tax Calculators?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:11 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hi ladies. I was wondering, i went to H&R block website and the Turbo Tax website to calculate what we could be getting back in taxes this year. Well, i put in the same exact info for both sites, and there is about a $1000 difference. H&R is higher than turbo Tax. I am just trying to figure out why there is such a huge difference. I know it's just an estimation, but I want to get back as much as i can. Anyone have any advice? I mean can you get back more with some and not others?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MelissaF30
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I just did the same thing as you to test it but for me it was turbo tax that was higher by about $1500 dollars so I don't know. LOL! 

Either way I was extremely pleased by my refund. I should find out how much I will be getting (for sure) today or tomorrow.

complextrina
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM

i had the same thing happen to me actually. turbo tax (for whatever reason) has all those new tax breaks in the "life events forecaster" which will basically tell you the difference, you just have to do both and add the figures together. HR block gives the whole amount upfront. just to check myself, I had done a "mock" tax return (filled in all my info but didnt file) and it gave me the hrblock amount....why turbo tax did this, idk, but i know they should even out to about the same...althought the hrblock one estimated me at an extra $2...wow lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)