Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hydration during Pregnancy

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:26 AM
  • 10 Replies

I know there are probably a ton of you out there that got dehydrated several times during your pregnancy, or pregnancies... and I came across this the other day and wanted to share.

I am not a water fan by any means, so getting me to drink the 8-12 glasses a day was damn near impossible...

Check this out, it is a drink, but it also has all your prenatal vitamins IN it, so instead of choking on those nasty horse pills, you can drink this, and stay hydrated...

Be Nice Prenatal

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Mom to
Camden Kent 12/11/07
&
Benjamin Emil 05/17/09

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:36 AM

ill have to check into this. I like water but not that much a day i have maybe 2 glasses and the rest gatorade now.  With my last pregnancy i got so dehydrated i couldnt sit still i had body aches and hot and cold flashes plus morning sickness on top of it. i had to be hospitilized overnight with an iv . it was no fun :(

Mommy to Kain  08/22/2007 and Fiance' to Richard

Baby #2

CTRedSoxMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:37 AM

It looks like an AWESOME product. I am planning on trying using it myself whenever I have my next child because I had hydration issues both times around.

I will be giving away two boxes on my blog in the upcoming weeks. One of their Berrylicious flavor, and one of the lemonaid.

Quoting Ajanee12:

ill have to check into this. I like water but not that much a day i have maybe 2 glasses and the rest gatorade now.  With my last pregnancy i got so dehydrated i couldnt sit still i had body aches and hot and cold flashes plus morning sickness on top of it. i had to be hospitilized overnight with an iv . it was no fun :(

Mom to
Camden Kent 12/11/07
&
Benjamin Emil 05/17/09

MNilsen
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I struggled with this during my pregnancy to that point that I was in preterm labor.  I may have to keep this product in mind next time around.

momathome86
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Oh I am so trying this! I tend to throw up every prenatal vitamine i take.

Pregnancy%20ticker

CTRedSoxMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:35 PM

bump

Mom to
Camden Kent 12/11/07
&
Benjamin Emil 05/17/09

TheFoo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I never drank water during my pregnancy maybe 4 glasses a week....I drank lots of juice, hot chocolate, and milk......I was never dehydrated a single time during my pregnancy and have a happy and very healthy daughter. Guess I was lucky

CafeMom Tickers
yummy_mommy89
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:43 PM

u can get a free sample. im getting it to try it out!

GillyG
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:56 PM

It is a very clever product, however, as I figured would be the case, it lacks in the amount of vitamins it provides, hence why you are directed to drink "1 to 4 packets daily." Not only is the vitamin dosage very low, it does not provide ALL of the essential vitamins that prenatals do. Clever product, however I will stick with prenatals. Also, I know prenatals aren't cheap, but $12.99 for 10 packets, and $39.99 for a "case" of 50 is pricey IMO, and according to the site those are SALE prices.

Another alternative to water would be Preggatinis, non-alchoholic drink mixes (martinis if you will) for pregnant woman. I found this book

http://www.amazon.com/Preggatinis-Natalie-Bovis-Nelsen/dp/1599214547/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230570697&sr=1-1

when I was pregnant with my son and some of the drinks it features are absolutely delicious. Not only that, they are good for you too.

There's also another book called Margarita Mama

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1594742154/ref=nosim/outblush-20

That has great, non-alchohlic beverage recipes geared towards pregnant women, but some of the drink mixtures in it take a bit longer to make as opposed to those in the Preggatini book.

CTRedSoxMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:10 PM

It wouldn't encourage hydration if they put an entire day's pre natal vitamins in ONE packet though.

Quoting GillyG:

It is a very clever product, however, as I figured would be the case, it lacks in the amount of vitamins it provides, hence why you are directed to drink "1 to 4 packets daily." Not only is the vitamin dosage very low, it does not provide ALL of the essential vitamins that prenatals do. Clever product, however I will stick with prenatals. Also, I know prenatals aren't cheap, but $12.99 for 10 packets, and $39.99 for a "case" of 50 is pricey IMO, and according to the site those are SALE prices.

Another alternative to water would be Preggatinis, non-alchoholic drink mixes (martinis if you will) for pregnant woman. I found this book

http://www.amazon.com/Preggatinis-Natalie-Bovis-Nelsen/dp/1599214547/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230570697&sr=1-1

when I was pregnant with my son and some of the drinks it features are absolutely delicious. Not only that, they are good for you too.

There's also another book called Margarita Mama

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1594742154/ref=nosim/outblush-20

That has great, non-alchohlic beverage recipes geared towards pregnant women, but some of the drink mixtures in it take a bit longer to make as opposed to those in the Preggatini book.

Mom to
Camden Kent 12/11/07
&
Benjamin Emil 05/17/09

CTRedSoxMom
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:27 PM

bump

Mom to
Camden Kent 12/11/07
&
Benjamin Emil 05/17/09

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)