Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentine's Day

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:29 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am just curious about your views on Valentines Day. Is it a day of love? Is it commercialized so much that many just feel this pressure to buy and do? Has finding a great gift become a chore? I will post what I think in a bit, I was just curious what others felt.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Honeybun09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM

I don't care what it is. It's just another excuse to love on my husband. :)

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, anti-spanking and time-out, anti-CIO, wanting another baby but waiting, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, training to be a child care assistant, natural family planning (no birth control AT ALL) mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

Have a Baby? Join us in the Babies group! ~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~

n03z07l08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I personally love all holidays and try to do something small for all of them. I'm the type that will find any excuse to buy people something or to do something special. I don't do big for valentines day just a box of chocolates or a coffee mug.We won't be going out because we can't but I may makle a special dinner or something.

So,to me,no it isn't a chore. It may be just some stupid commercialized holiday but I love it anyway =) 

ECMOM970
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:33 AM

It is a day to love...you do not have to buy gifts...we make gifts for each other...it can be commercial if you let it be!

cdgoldilocks
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM

It has never been a big deal for us. We buy each other something small, maybe cook a nice meal at home, watch a movie together. For me, I think couples should treat each other kindly 365 days a year, so I don't need a holiday. The kids like decorating the house though.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)