Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stanley steamer?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:34 AM
  • 7 Replies

I made a appt with stanley steamer and its going to cost me almost 500 dollars. They talked me into having my carpet cleaned, deoderized and then protected, then i was talked into tile cleaning.  I have never been talked into anything before but that man was very good at his job because after i got off the phone (now) i am going what did i just agree to?

I am thinking about calling back and cancelling it. there has to be a cheaper place out there who does that stuff. But i do have a question. My house is small as sin. Its not big at all and they say they move furinture..does that mean beds and stuff? I will pick up but there really is no where to move this shit too so i am wondering if i will just have to suck it up and have them only clean the exposed carpet area? Like my husband has a weight bench and a treadmile in our bedroom on top of two heavy dressers and our bed. The kids rooms have toys and crap all over the place and the only think i can really do with it is throw it in the closet but i don't know if they will clean there. The beds and dressers i can't move alone so i can't really get back there to vacuum.

Maybe i should wait on doing this.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommaBunch84
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:45 AM

No other place will clean your place like Stanley Steemer. They will only clean where you agreed to. So if you agreed to having the kids' room cleaned, you better clean it up. lol

Since you have kids you should definitelyprotect the carpet. Yeah it may cost alot to do, but its worth it. If you didn't want the stuff, no matter how good the guy was on the phone you shouldn't have agreed to it.

They do move furniture but YOU are responsible to move anything breakable. But they don't clean up for you. So if the house isn't picked up they will either have you reschedule or wait for you to clean it up, depending on how much time they have between jobs.

My husband works for a small franchise of stanley steemer so thats how I know all of this lol.

I'm Ashley! I'm 25 & married to my high school sweetheart Chris. Together for 8 1/2 yrs now. We have 2 1/2 yr old blue eyed, blonde curly haired fraternal twin boys, Mason & Connor. Who Rear Faced to the Max & now will be Harnessed to the Max! I am a SAHM and a proud Child Safety Passenger Advocate (CPSA). Have car seat questions? PM me or join the Car Seat Safety Group HERE.

alexhuntercody
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:56 AM

yeah they are going to clean all my rooms for me. lol. I better get busy. One of the drawbacks of having a small house i guess. No place to stick the crap taht accumulates!

MommaBunch84
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:06 PM

I feel ya. We own a 2bdroom 800 sqft house for a family of 4. My twin boys drag toys out everywhere.

Quoting alexhuntercody:

yeah they are going to clean all my rooms for me. lol. I better get busy. One of the drawbacks of having a small house i guess. No place to stick the crap taht accumulates!

I'm Ashley! I'm 25 & married to my high school sweetheart Chris. Together for 8 1/2 yrs now. We have 2 1/2 yr old blue eyed, blonde curly haired fraternal twin boys, Mason & Connor. Who Rear Faced to the Max & now will be Harnessed to the Max! I am a SAHM and a proud Child Safety Passenger Advocate (CPSA). Have car seat questions? PM me or join the Car Seat Safety Group HERE.

mom2four1978
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I say cancel Stanly steamer and spend half that amount of money on your own carpet cleaner. I have the bissell pro heat and it does an amazing job of cleaning my carpets and upholstery. And you can order the hard floor attachment for your tile. Plus you can clean your carpets whenever you want.

~ LIZZY~

To find out what all the fuss is about click the heart:

MommaBunch84
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Most of the do it yourself carpet cleaners leave a residue (that you can't see) on your carpet which attracts dirt faster. So you have to clean it more often. Stantley steemer does do that and your carpets should be dry with in an hr. Sometimes even a half hour if you put a fan or blower on it. OP if you do decide to stick with stanley steemer I HIGHLY recommend buying a bottle of the Spot Remover. It can be used on carpet, furniture and even clothes. I haven't found something yet that it won't get it. I live by their Spot Remover! LOL! Its like $15-$20 a bottle. But its worth it!

Quoting mom2four1978:

I say cancel Stanly steamer and spend half that amount of money on your own carpet cleaner. I have the bissell pro heat and it does an amazing job of cleaning my carpets and upholstery. And you can order the hard floor attachment for your tile. Plus you can clean your carpets whenever you want.

alexhuntercody
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:19 PM

I do have a steam cleaner but i can't get the stubborn stains out which is why i was going to call them. My kids rooms are awful!

I will look into that spot remover.

MommaBunch84
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Yeah they have special stuff that "should" get the spots out. Usually they do. But some things are permanent so all they can do is get it clean and sanitized for you. If there is a certain spot that you have after they clean it (if they don't tell you) put a fan on it so it will dry fast. That usually helps with spots to get it dry FAST. My husband has worked at SS for about 7 yrs know. So I'm full of SS knowledge! lmao!

Quoting alexhuntercody:

I do have a steam cleaner but i can't get the stubborn stains out which is why i was going to call them. My kids rooms are awful!

I will look into that spot remover.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)