Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my colon has attached to my abdominal wall.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM
  • 20 Replies

i recently found out that i developed adhesions as a result of my c section 5 years ago. basically in my case my colon is attached to my abdominal wall. i hear it is a pretty common thing. do you have adhesions? if so, have you noticed any long term effects? my doctor said he could seperate them during another c section...but i dont plan on having more kids, tho i still could.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:40 AM

I've never heard of that. Did you have symptoms or something that brought you to the dr where he discovered this? I had a c-section too so you peaked my curiosity =)

MomOf2Boys913
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Ditto.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

I've never heard of that. Did you have symptoms or something that brought you to the dr where he discovered this? I had a c-section too so you peaked my curiosity =)

CTRedSoxMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I have HORRIBLE adhesions from my c-sections which has impacted sex greatly.

I wish I could help, I am still working on trying to heal.

You may want to try the ICAN forums, someone there might be able to help

ICAN online Forums

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Mom to
Camden Kent 12/11/07
&
Benjamin Emil 05/17/09

emilsmama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

well yes. for the past 2 years ive had a heavyness in my lower left abdomen/pelvic region. i am always bloated and the area under my bellybotton on the left is assymetrical with the right side. i now have almost constant discomfort in this area. the doctor told me to stay regular. basically dont allow myself to become constipated or it could get worse...it can cause bowell obstruction and things like that.

CTRedSoxMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Adhesions after a c-section is not uncommon at all, it is probably the most common risk of having a c-section, but they often go undected because many women do not experience pain from them. They normally are discovered when a woman has a repeat cesarean and they can see if there is damage or adhesions to other organs from the previous c-section.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Mom to
Camden Kent 12/11/07
&
Benjamin Emil 05/17/09

carmenclrk
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Same here, got me wondering now and mine was almost 4 years ago...

Quoting MomOf2Boys913:

Ditto.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

married-in-06
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Yes.I have horrible adhesions and endmetriosis.Im in awful pain 24/7.but im pregnant now and carryin to term can cure the endo but chances are it will come back.and with the adhesions the can remove them yes but there is a very high chance the will come right back.Everything in my abdominal cavity is fused together

~JESSICA -LOVING WIFE TO JOEL & MOMMY TO 1 WILD LIL GIRL~1 SWEET LIL BOY~& 5 ANGELS IN HEAVEN

Lilypie Maternity tickers
emilsmama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:51 AM

http://www.colon-cancer.net/Abdominal_Adhesions.html

this is a great explanation of what i am talking about.

emilsmama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Quoting married-in-06:

Yes.I have horrible adhesions and endmetriosis.Im in awful pain 24/7.but im pregnant now and carryin to term can cure the endo but chances are it will come back.and with the adhesions the can remove them yes but there is a very high chance the will come right back.Everything in my abdominal cavity is fused together

omg thats horrible!

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM

thx CT and OP for answering. I'll check out that link.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)