• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BF question.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM
  • 7 Replies

I didn't BF DD. I thought about it but decided not too. I'm am pregnant and thinking about BF. I was wondering, how long did you BF? How old was you LO? Is it like a bottle where you take it away around one? I don't want to be BF a 3 yo. KWIM?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MNilsen
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM

I am still breastfeeding and ou dmy Ds is 11 months.  You really don't have to do anything you don't want to do and weaning is a very individual choice.  Yes, I think a lot of parents start to wean around 12 months.  I will probably start around then but it is a process that can take time.  Breastfeeding until 3 years is not the norm at least in this country.

NikkosMommy820
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM

I planned on BFing for 12-18 months. My son weaned himself at almost 11 months. Generally yes you wean around 1, just like a bottle. Although there are many perks of extended breastfeeding.... Any breast milk is better than none. Congradualtions on your pregnancy...

angelizedsinz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I only bf my son. Around 10 months old me starting biting n I couldn't take it anymore. I asked his pedi, what I should do n she told me I could switch him to reg milk. I started giving him skim milk (cuz it's thin like the breast milk) from a sippy cup. He made the adjustment without any probs. Good luck either way u go.

Missyin love

Optimism is a choice....cynicism isn't smarter, just safer.

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM

my ds was done at 13 months. he went from that to an open cup. it skipped the whole bottle/sippy cup fiasco. (or what can be a fiasco)

i'm for sure going to bf this one as well, it was so much easier for me than formula and i never had to deal with taking away a bottle and later a sippy cup.

CafeMom Tickers

Mom of 3 boys Aiden (4), Gavin (3) and Logan (2) Pregnant with #4! Think Pink!

jsp08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Thanks. I kind of regreted not breast feeding DD. I am gonna breast feed I was just curious how long most women breast fed for. Thanks again!

Wendy_June
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I BF my first for 9 months. My second has BF for 11 months so far.

oceanus407
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I went 18 months with DD and I want to be fair and do the same for this one.  

Ha! Made you look!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)