Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Big Love

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM
  • 17 Replies

Does anyone else watch this show and what are your thoughts on that type of "marriage"?

in lovepregnant bellytoddler girltoddler boy

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calcalmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Nobody at all?

BaisMom

I actually JUST finished watching the episode that aired last night. I absolutely love this show. It's amazingly casted and very well done.

Any love between consenting adults is good love to me, it doesn't matter how many. The Henrickson's have a big, strong, and beautiful family!

Young and single. Call me a statistic if you'd like, it doesn't change the fact that I am a smart, strong, and confident mother. There are also a number of other things that you might not like about me: I breastfed AND formula fed. My daughter is on a delayed vax'ing schedule. I had a c-section. Organic food is nasty. I don't spank, but I do whoop ass. I let my daughter get hurt and make mistakes, I want her to learn through experience, it's the best way. I am an Atheist, my daughter has never been to church nor read the bible. I don't believe that I need to look to a "god" to have morals. I believe in reason, science, the Earth, and I believe in PEOPLE. Despite my heathen ways, I have a pure heart <3 and my daughter is healthy, smart, happy, beautiful, and loving; and she knows she's loved.

Mortiferouslatt

I love the show!!! its like crack.

I personally don't agree with polygamy or the mormon church(i know that mormons do not practice polygamy anymore that is the flds), thats just me. i think that polygamy had its purpose at one point but its no longer necessary.

bakebiscotti
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I love the show!  I didn't see last night because my husband had to make phone calls for an online course he's teaching and I promised him I'd wait until he was able to watch with me.

I am enjoying the show so far this year, I think Margene is really growing as a person and it's going to cause some friction between her and Barb.

I think the Alby gay twist is going to get interesting too.  And Bill's parents are always good for a shock and laugh.

It's going to be a good season!

Need a Snow Day?

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I watch/love the show.As for polygamy...as long as its consenting adults then that's their business. Its not a lifestyle I would follow.

calcalmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Bump

Austinsmommy198
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM

ok I need another show to get addicted to. What channel is it on and can I catch up online?

Go Packers
calcalmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I am currently getting caught up on the seasons...I'm almost done with season 2 right now.  Which season is on TV right now?

Quoting bakebiscotti:

I love the show!  I didn't see last night because my husband had to make phone calls for an online course he's teaching and I promised him I'd wait until he was able to watch with me.

I am enjoying the show so far this year, I think Margene is really growing as a person and it's going to cause some friction between her and Barb.

I think the Alby gay twist is going to get interesting too.  And Bill's parents are always good for a shock and laugh.

It's going to be a good season!

calcalmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM

It's on HBO, but you can buy the previous seasons right now.  I'm not sure if it can be watched online or not though...it is addictive!!

Quoting Austinsmommy198:

ok I need another show to get addicted to. What channel is it on and can I catch up online?

Idiosyncratic
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I think however grown adults want their marriage to be they should be able to have it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)