• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well that just figures TMI

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:22 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have my six week check uo tomorrow and I just started my period. I cant go again anytime soon because I don't have a babysitter. I think I will have to wait until the end of febuary.  Why does everything always happen this way.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
krista778
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I'm just curious as to why you would wait? I'm sure they've seen it all! Just let them know you are on your period and they'll prob make it a quick exam, I'd go just to make sure everything is kinda back to normal.

eema.gray
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Quoting krista778:

I'm just curious as to why you would wait? I'm sure they've seen it all! Just let them know you are on your period and they'll prob make it a quick exam, I'd go just to make sure everything is kinda back to normal.

Most providers want to do a pap smear at 6 week follow ups - because pregnancy can trigger all kinds of things, including cervical abnormalities.  But when you're on your period, the structure of cervical cells changes just enough that it can cause false abnormal readings of pap smear results.  It's better to wait until your period is over to go in.  I've even heard of doctors who point blank refuse to do any sort of woman's exam if she's on her period and some offices have written policies to the same effect.

alwaysyoung
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM

My dr said she will only do it if there is light bleeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)