Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't have a washer and dryer....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM
  • 25 Replies

and you have to go to a laundry mat, how long have you gone without doing laundry?

we just did laundry this weekend for the first time in over a MONTH and a HALF. we haven't had the money to do laundry until then (no we were NOT wearing dirty clothes!! we had enough to cover the month...just barely). we had 12 loads of laundry

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

LOOK IT'S BOB
☻/ This is bob, copy paste him on
/▌ every update you see so he can
/ \ take over Facebook. You've been Bobbed

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sharivegas0614
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:32 PM

A week and a half.I swear we had clothes to go longer but me being pregnant I really didn't want to carry that many clothes.

Mommy(Christine) 30 + Daddy(Thomas) 25 = Makayla 5 & Lilly 2 & Little Man Due May 3rd 2010

mikiemom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Check the salvation army or craig's list they might have a good used washer and dryer for sale.

Quoting Mamaz:

and you have to go to a laundry mat, how long have you gone without doing laundry?

we just did laundry this weekend for the first time in over a MONTH and a HALF. we haven't had the money to do laundry until then (no we were NOT wearing dirty clothes!! we had enough to cover the month...just barely). we had 12 loads of laundry

Mamaz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:34 PM

i dont have hook ups. it wouldn;t help me

Quoting mikiemom:

Check the salvation army or craig's list they might have a good used washer and dryer for sale.

Quoting Mamaz:

Photobucket

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

LOOK IT'S BOB
☻/ This is bob, copy paste him on
/▌ every update you see so he can
/ \ take over Facebook. You've been Bobbed

oceanus407
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Hubby and I used to do that, and we would also hold off as long as we could. But now we use the crappy ones in our apt complex that dot work well and it costs $2.50 (for wash and dry) a load and takes a min. of an hour and a half for a load (if they actually work) 

Ha! Made you look!

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I can't go longer than 2 weeks without doing laundry. And if its a school week even less.   Especially for my youngest since she only has 6 uniforms.   During the summer I can go longer.

However for about 3  years money was so tight and other factors I did all my laundry by hand in the bath tub.   We are buying a washer/dryer with the tax refund this year.  Can't wait I hate going to the laundromat

mysoldier5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Sometimes if you check CL you can get them free also. I got my last set for free on craigslist too.

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Mamaz:

mikiemom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:37 PM

You can hook a washer up to any water source. Are you saying you don't have running water or electricity?

Quoting Mamaz:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Mamaz:

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I was checking out Craigs list just last night.  WE found as cheap at $150 a piece.  There was an all in one unit (which i want but don't trust) for $400 And one guy had a stackable just out of the  box used 3 or 4 times for $500.  He said something about it messing with his breakers or something.   Kinda hoping he still has it for sale next week altho I doubt it.

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Mamaz:

ashley22ky
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:40 PM

OMG, that's crazy! We have a washer and dryer, but it's in storage because our apartments don't have hookup, so I have to go to the laundry mate. The longest I've went is maybe 5 days. I usually go twice a week and have about 4-5 loads each time....

ashley22ky
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I don't have hookups either, as in there is no place to hook up a washer and dryer in my apartments.....what does that have to do with water and electricity?

Quoting mikiemom:

You can hook a washer up to any water source. Are you saying you don't have running water or electricity?

Quoting Mamaz:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Mamaz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)