Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nancy Kerrigan's Father Dies, Brother Arrested

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

Nancy Kerrigan's Father Dies, Brother Arrested

Nancy Kerrigan's 70-year-old father was found dead at the former Olympian's childhood home in the Boston area yesterday -- and her brother was arrested in connection with the incident. 

Nancy Kerrigan and her  Father

Emergency crews were sent to the home Sunday morning where they found Nancy's father, Daniel Kerrigan, unresponsive. He was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

As for Nancy's 45-year-old brother Mark Kerrigan -- MyFoxBoston.com reports that during the Sunday incident, there was a struggle between Daniel and Mark in the kitchen area of the home. Details of the fight are sketchy at best -- but Mark was eventually arrested and charged with assault and battery on an elder with serious bodily injury. 

Mark Kerrigan: Click to watchMark Kerrigan is scheduled to appear in court sometime this morning. 

Nancy -- who is married with 3 kids -- lives roughly ten minutes from the home where the incident occurred. 

The incident comes almost 16 years from the morning she was attacked in a plot orchestrated by skating rival Tonya Harding

UPDATE: Nancy's mother told the Boston Herald, ""My husband had a massive heart attack," adding "This is a very difficult time for me."

According to the police report, Mark and Daniel were yelling and pushing at each other until Daniel suddenly fell to the ground.

Nancy's mother told police the fight was over the telephone -- when Daniel refused to let Mark use the phone, Mark grabbed him by the throat. When Daniel was choking, Mark thought his father was "faking it."

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:36 PM

WOw, thats horrible how do you beat your father to death?

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:37 PM

That poor lady just can't step out of the spotlight. It seems her life has been one turmoil after the next.

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

ZelisMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:07 PM

What could have been soooo important he just HAD to use the phone?

I wonder what ever happened to Tanya?

I didnt read the OP, but I read the story and apperantly the mom is claiming it was a heart attack & nothing more... hmm.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)