Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please..TMI

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:32 PM
  • 3 Replies

I haven't been to sleep because I got some stomach bug. It is vomiting and diarrhea. Well my oldest DD woke up this morning puking and had a poopy accident. Is there any over the counter medicine I can give her? I have been giving her pedalite to keep her hydrated. She isn't acting like she feels bad (I don't feel bad either just an upset stomach). Thanks for the help.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Nelliebear
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Stay hydrated, viruses like that have to pass on their own, my bunch had it about a month ago! Pepto Bismol, Imodium, Emetrol this like that may calm it down a bit! But the virus will just take its course! Usually gone within 24 hrs, sometimes 2 to 4 days!

oceanus407
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I don't think there is anything you can give her because she's under 4. The BRAT diest does help though. 

Ha! Made you look!

3babygirlsrock
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Our family has been going through this for the last 8 days. 2 days per person. It was horrible with our family! No one acting normal that is for sure. There was a lot of begging God to help us! LOL! I have never seen so much vomit in my life. I got it but only got diarrhea from it. BLAH!!! My kids were way way worse.  I got it Saturday and am still fighting it!

I just responded to another post like this, this morning. It is going around bad! Super contagious so be careful around anyone else. It sucks! Do popsicles for hydration or pedialyte if they can keep it down. Mine could not. Pepto is good. We took ours to the hospital because I started to get worried about dehydration. When they started puking through 2 doses of Phenergran suppositories they gave them melt away Zofran. Which was my best friend while pregnant. That seemed to slow down the vomiting but nothing stopped it until they got it all out of their system!

My 5 yr old who got it first is currently jumping around the living room dancing. So she is doing better! I hope you all get well soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)