Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Debating!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

Don't women on here realize that name calling is NOT how you debate?!?!?!?

I don't understand it. If you're going to enter a debate on something, such as abortion, why do you feel the need to jump in with nasty name calling?

wtf?!?! it is just mindboggling

You can keep your army khaki, You can keep your Navy blue. I have the world's best fighting man to introduce to you. His uniform is different, the best you've ever seen. The Germans call him "Devil Dog", his real name is MARINE. He's deadly with a rifle, his bayonet made of steel. He took the warrior's calling card, he's mastered how to kill. And when he gets to Heaven, ST Peter he will tell, "One more Marine reporting Sir, I've spent my time in Hell". So listen all you young girls, my Devil Dog is clever. Go find yourself a new Marine, cuz this one's mine forever. He'll hug me and he'll kiss me, and treat me like a Queen. There is no better fighting man than a UNITED STATES MARINE. SEMPER FI

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Gee_Uh
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Lack of education on a subject and little to no vocabulary depth is the reason most do. 

mymaddiegrl2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM

usually low intellect . they are usually same ones that say someone needs to get laid or has some other lame comeback and cant debate due to the fact they are just plain uneducated. 

come join a warm fuzz group http://www.cafemom.com/group/109014

USMCBride08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:53 PM

lol

and then they start saying shit like "oh you cant handle a debate" and its like umm its no longer a debate.

thank goodness this isnt a debate class. there'd be a LOT of failing grades lol

Quoting mymaddiegrl2:

usually low intellect . they are usually same ones that say someone needs to get laid or has some other lame comeback and cant debate due to the fact they are just plain ignorant. 

You can keep your army khaki, You can keep your Navy blue. I have the world's best fighting man to introduce to you. His uniform is different, the best you've ever seen. The Germans call him "Devil Dog", his real name is MARINE. He's deadly with a rifle, his bayonet made of steel. He took the warrior's calling card, he's mastered how to kill. And when he gets to Heaven, ST Peter he will tell, "One more Marine reporting Sir, I've spent my time in Hell". So listen all you young girls, my Devil Dog is clever. Go find yourself a new Marine, cuz this one's mine forever. He'll hug me and he'll kiss me, and treat me like a Queen. There is no better fighting man than a UNITED STATES MARINE. SEMPER FI

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:53 PM

For the most part your right....but sometimes people really are a dumbass and need to told so.

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

Jewelzgirl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I'm thinking that when someone reaches a point where they have nothing else to add to the debate or don't know enough about the debated topic, then the name calling and nastiness begins.. 

CTRedSoxMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I am right there with you. That is not debating... people go to name calling when they no longer having anything intelligent to contribute to the argument.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Mom to
Camden Kent 12/11/07
&
Benjamin Emil 05/17/09

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)