Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who wants to sell their baby????

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

Baby For Sale on Ebay - Baby For Sale?!

German police confirm that they today have taken a seven month baby away from a couple in Bavaria and local child welfare investigators are looking into them after the couple put the child up for sale on Internet auction site Ebay.  The description read, “Male baby almost 8 months old, sleeps well through the night and does not cry much.”  “Good for infertile couple or single man/woman wanting a child.”

The baby boy was put on sale on Tuesday at a starting price of one euro (1.58 dollars) and was withdrawn from the site around two and a half hours later, police said. There had been no posted offers but the couple may have recieved numerous offers via email. The mother said it was meant as a joke, but police and state officials failed to see the funny side, putting the baby into state care and charging both parents for attempted child trafficking.  Police cheif Wesley Offerman is quoted as saying, “We all find our kids annoying sometimes but selling them is not the answer.”

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Damn.  I guess I better take down my posting to sell my 14 year old.  :(

Jewelzgirl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I'm wondering how many people have to get into trouble for this very thing before snap and stop doing this as a "joke". 

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM

rolling on floor 

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/glitters/a/autism_awareness-3292.gif

boyd-family
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I think what the police officer said was funny LOL, not the joke though

CafeMom Tickers
nbr1sahm
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Depends on how much I could get! LOL!

sharivegas0614
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Damn that is sad.Man my kids get on my nerves but to sell them,uhhh I think my family would kill me just for thinking something like that.The crap people do.

Mommy(Christine) 30 + Daddy(Thomas) 25 = Makayla 5 & Lilly 2 & Little Man Due May 3rd 2010

KristynRuth
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM

IDIOTS!! And I think the statement the cop made was kinda funny even tho I'm sure he meant for it to be serious. "selling kids is never the answer." Really now? I learned something. lol

cutebaby06
by Monica on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:55 PM

The way my 3 y/o girl Marissa's acting today,I'm willing to give her away,any takers?

shaedog3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:57 PM

LMFAO!!!!!

Quoting cutebaby06:

The way my 3 y/o girl Marissa's acting today,I'm willing to give her away,any takers?

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Some people have a very strange sence of humor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)