Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bridal shower help please!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:15 PM
  • 3 Replies

Im planning a bridal shower for my sister in law. Its going to be an Island/tropical theme, but its a very formal shower. At the country club, with formal place card seatting etc.. so nothing too "luau". but wed like to have the tropical touch. any ideas for centerpieces, favors, invites, prizes for games etc..  thanks

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tommy_mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:44 PM

For the overall look, you can go bright and girly...

...or you can draw more on the colors of the ocean.  (Which is what I'd prefer).

For the centerpieces, I'd stick with flowers.  You can go crazy bright or very subtle.

The favors could be something as simple as shell shaped chocolates. 

Nobody gives a crap about invitations...so I'd keep it simple, yet beautiful.  You can probably find some super cute print-it-yourselfers at Target. 

Prizes for games?  You can't go wrong with Bath & Body Works sugar scrub in a nice tropical scent.

I  Dallas Cowboys!

Rychelle
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Quoting tommy_mommy:

For the overall look, you can go bright and girly...

...or you can draw more on the colors of the ocean.  (Which is what I'd prefer).

For the centerpieces, I'd stick with flowers.  You can go crazy bright or very subtle.

The favors could be something as simple as shell shaped chocolates. 

Nobody gives a crap about invitations...so I'd keep it simple, yet beautiful.  You can probably find some super cute print-it-yourselfers at Target. 

Prizes for games?  You can't go wrong with Bath & Body Works sugar scrub in a nice tropical scent.

Thank you so much!!!! you gave me some great inspiration! I also prefer the blues/ocean feel but my SIL is super girly and her wedding color is fuschia so i know bright pinks and oranges and stuff will be what shed prefer.. so we will prob go with that..

Rychelle
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM

anyone else have any ideas to share???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)