• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newborn with Acne?? PIC

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:23 PM
  • 19 Replies

Ok I havent called the dr....BUT I have read in all my books that newborns break out. My 3 week old has the complexion of a teenager. I cant find anything that says when to worry or notify the pedi. Has anyone had kids go through this, and how can I help her clear up.

* I havent called her dr because Im not overly concerned...I just wonder why she has them and what might help to clear her up.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom22tumblebugs
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:24 PM
MommaNanaK
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Yep - totally normal and will clear up on its own - try not to use any lotion or anything on it! 

Just watch the eye area that it doesn't spread to there - and from the pics it looks like normal baby acne!

twinsRus5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:25 PM

yes, they do get baby acne , especially breastfed babies. Your baby looks more like an allergic reaction to your laundry soap from his/her face rubbing on your shirt. Switch to dreft for awhile and see if that helps.

TheFoo

Ive heard its common thats why Im not worried but I want to know what I can to to clear it up and what causes it

CafeMom Tickers
McKs0820

its perfectly normal. Called baby acne and they get it because of all the hormones they were getting from you. that's also why some babies are born with swollen breast, but boys and girls

mama2conor

Yep, totally normal.  My son had a little bit when he was newborn.

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Is she breastfed and if she is could she maybe be allergic to something you ate? otherwise,I don't know..sorry! I hope it clears up! 

Lilypie
Schleetle
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM

My baby has it too... It was really bad for almost 2 weeks, but now is almost gone. The pedi told me its hormonal, and goes away on its own. Shes a gorgeous little baby - I know its frustrating when they get that stuff, but it will be gone soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CafeMom Tickers

TheFoo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Ok Ill wash my stuff with dreft too....I already wash hers in dreft. She is formula fed I only brest fed her, her first 3 days of life

Quoting twinsRus5:

yes, they do get baby acne , especially breastfed babies. Your baby looks more like an allergic reaction to your laundry soap from his/her face rubbing on your shirt. Switch to dreft for awhile and see if that helps.

CafeMom Tickers
twinsRus5
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:28 PM

We had to wash our own clothes in dreft too because it would break their faces out from our shirts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)