Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This made me so freaking mad!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM
  • 26 Replies

I'm sure many of you watched the Pregnancy Pact on lifetime over the weekend.  Well, that movie really pissed me off!

They do not need to be showing a pregnant 15 year old girl passing out after getting so drunk at a kegger...and then having a completely healthy baby!  Fetal alcohol syndrome is a serious thing, and I would have appreciated Lifetime taking that into consideration when making the movie.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:35 PM

I thought the same thing. They showed all these young girls drinking (and smoking) while pregnant, but never showed the dangers of that. Only one time was it even mentioned that drinking while pregnant could cause birth defects.

cmb121906
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:35 PM

Well people can drink and still have a healthy baby. Who knows?????

usafwife314
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:36 PM

There was a lot I was questioning in that movie.  The drinking was one.  I know the movie was about teenage pregnancy, but something could have been said about underage drinking as well.  It made it seem like not a big deal.  The doctor discussed with the parents about FAS...but there wasn't anything else said.

Also...smoking while pregnant, AND smoking right next to the baby.

n03z07l08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:36 PM

They did take it seriously IMO. The doctor tol;d them that the baby could have serious complications from the alcohol. That is the thing with fetal alcohol syndrome,you never know if its going to happen or not.  

Wendy_June
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I didn't see the movie. That's really careless that they didn't show the disorders that babies can suffer from.

n03z07l08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Quoting usafwife314:

There was a lot I was questioning in that movie.  The drinking was one.  I know the movie was about teenage pregnancy, but something could have been said about underage drinking as well.  It made it seem like not a big deal.  The doctor discussed with the parents about FAS...but there wasn't anything else said.

Also...smoking while pregnant, AND smoking right next to the baby.

I think the point of the teens drinking and the one smoking was to show the bad choices and irresponsibility that some teen parents have. I think it was all to make a point that teens are not typically capable of making the best decisions for themselves or there babies.

TinaN64
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:39 PM

But it happens.  Women get drunk and go on to have healthy babies.  FAS is not brought on by ONE binge.  The movie was based on fact.   That really happened. 

Quoting lovemymarine306:

I'm sure many of you watched the Pregnancy Pact on lifetime over the weekend.  Well, that movie really pissed me off!

They do not need to be showing a pregnant 15 year old girl passing out after getting so drunk at a kegger...and then having a completely healthy baby!  Fetal alcohol syndrome is a serious thing, and I would have appreciated Lifetime taking that into consideration when making the movie.

cmb121906
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:40 PM

True. I got pretty drunk on New Years and another time as well. A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant with my first. Baby was as healthy as a horse.

Quoting TinaN64:

But it happens.  Women get drunk and go on to have healthy babies.  FAS is not brought on by ONE binge.  The movie was based on fact.   That really happened. 

Quoting lovemymarine306:

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

lovemymarine306
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:42 PM

not really...they just sort of mentioned it.  and its not like she just had a couple cups of beer.  she was chugging a tequila bottle.  i don't think we should be sending the message that its ok at all..even if not all babies are affected. 

and i agree with another pp...why were the 15-16 year olds having that much access to alcohol in the first place? 

Quoting n03z07l08:

They did take it seriously IMO. The doctor tol;d them that the baby could have serious complications from the alcohol. That is the thing with fetal alcohol syndrome,you never know if its going to happen or not.  

darcyk10
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:44 PM

I am glad I dont get lifetime because I would NOT be happy either. My step mom told me last night there is a show comming on soon about 5 girls or so getting preggo at the same time and moving in with eachother and sitting on welfare to live off of. They are having kids to be on welfar then living together to save money etc. They should be fined for crap like that! Lifetime needs to realize shit like that should NOT be on tv.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)