• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

applying for food stamps

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:35 PM
  • 12 Replies

please no bashing LOL.

im applying for food stamps and medicaid.. and i was wondering if i put down that my BOYFRIEND lives with me and my daughter if that will affect it any..

ask me more questions if you need to.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cakright
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:36 PM

is he her father?

SissyAnn141
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:37 PM

yes, all hosehold income counts..in food stamps

Medicaide, only, if he is her father. 

alwaysyoung
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Quoting SissyAnn141:

yes, all hosehold income counts..... 

PsychologyMama

You will have to put his information down like ssn# bday income insurance info. What he contributes. Will you want FS for him, that sort of thing

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:37 PM

is he her father? is he the source of income or are you? i think you need to write down all the adults in the house.

CafeMom Tickers

Mom of 3 boys Aiden (4), Gavin (3) and Logan (2) Pregnant with #4! Think Pink!

NavyWifey122305

by law you have to put everyone who lives in your house.

You do not have to include his income with yours though. just make sure you put your correct income.

You will get FS for yourself and your DD so yes make sure you put your daughter on there.

MzSeXyC
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:38 PM

you need to be honest and tell them your boyfriend is living with you.

Rubygl00m
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:38 PM

If he is contributing to any of the bills then yes you do. You have to include all household income.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:39 PM

All income counts.  If he was just a room mate and didnt contribute to your food bill or other bills for that matter they take that into consideration.   When  I was on Foodstamps my bil was living with us but not contributing to our food so we put him down that he was living here and they didnt use his income as a factor in my budget.

n03z07l08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:42 PM

You have to put EVERY person that lives in your house and there income. If you don't it is fraud. You will need all his info such as ssn,birthday etc.

Also they will not list him as your boyfriend on the application they will just put friend. The fact that he is your boyfriend will not affect your application. They will just go by your combined income to determine if you are eligible and how much you will get each month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)