• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why would she??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:39 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok, i have this friend who smokes and rolls her own cigarettes.  dont really have a problem with that, i smoke.  but she rolls her cigarettes in front of her kids and even has the oldest one (her oldest is like 10 yo) help her roll them. to me, it is something you dont do.  just wondering what you all think?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RandomGal
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I think it's wrong.  If you have to be 18 in order to even buy them, you shouldn't be having your ten year old rolling them for you.

Quoting twitchymom78:

ok, i have this friend who smokes and rolls her own cigarettes.  dont really have a problem with that, i smoke.  but she rolls her cigarettes in front of her kids and even has the oldest one (her oldest is like 10 yo) help her roll them. to me, it is something you dont do.  just wondering what you all think?

nonelikeme
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I think that is a little weird.. but, my best friend was raised that way by her parents as well.. sometimes when I was there with her, they would ask us to roll mulitple ones so they would have them when we were gone..*may they RIP =( *Shrugs*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wife to Alan *2/23/08* Momma to Kenden *8/12/08*Air Force Wife Pictures, Images and PhotosI'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint.

hallen08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I don't agree with that. I think every person has a right to do what they want with their own body, but to encourage others to join you in something that's harmful (it's the truth), is not appropriate.

supermom3806
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:44 PM

My gpa(RIP) use to roll his ciggs but he would never us do it. I don't see a problem but letting a 10 yr old doing it now that I do see a problem with.

twitchymom78
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:47 PM

ok.. that is what i was thinking too... they shouldnt be doing that.  i was going tosay something to her... but i dont feel it is my place. and i dont think (?) she is breaking any laws.  i know my kids wont be rolling cigarettes (at least with my knowledge) until they are 18.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)