Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Don't Get It

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:54 PM
  • 0 Replies

I've been browsing Craigslist daily now trying to get a job. I'm pregnant, and didn't want to go back to work yet, but with hubby's job situation looking pretty bad, we need some money coming in. I've been responding to Craigslist ads, and every one is the same. Go to this website, enter your information, fill out the interview. We want to assess your ability to follow directions. The first time, i thought it must be a major corporationwho requires an internet interview, like walmart, or walgreens. But i got to page 2 of the interview, and it said i must fill out these offers for a free macbook air/dell computer/lifetime supply of pizza/credit card, or i will not be considered for the position. WTF? I immediately closed the page.

I am looking for a job. I don't wish to get scammed. I need a job. DO YOU HEAR ME?? A JOB!! I go to the office, i do the work, you pay me. Simple. Not steal my information, Not give me a runaround. Not refuse to give me a phone number so i can call and ask about maybe an in person interview. Not refuse to tell me where the office is even located.

I have to go and spend money i can't afford to buy clothes since i went through drastic weight loss and NOTHING FITS. I'm pregnant, with a big belly, and i still can't get my work pants to stay up. Then i have to print my resume, get dressed nicely, and head out to gas stations, and hotels, and any offices i see, and try to convince someone i am the right person for that desk job of answering phones and dealing with rude customers. All the while, hoping nobody notices i'm pregnant until AFTER i'm hired. Add to the fact that i'm needing a night shift. While Hubby is home, any shift is fine, but if he gets a contract and leaves, i need night shift so my BFF can watch my DD without any schedule conflicting. Plus i'm not allowed to do any lifting, so even being a grocery store checkout girl is beyond my abilities now.

Sorry, i just needed to vent. Needing a job sucks. Needing a job while pregnant with limited abilities sucks even more. Thanks ladies.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)