Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cold sores and Aunt Flo

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

This may be TMI but the last 3 monthly's I've had I got a cold sore the same day it started.... I was wondering if there may be a connection?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bizkit_fanky
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:02 PM

hmmm could be...  I have heard if you eat raisins it keeps you from gettin cold sores... I tend to get cold sores when I dont take my vitamins.. I take one a day vitamins and it keeps them away... sorry I wasnt much help...

prestonjohn
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM

I was told around that time of the month your immune system drops some so that could be why it flare up,,the herpes simplex virus flares when there is a drop in the immune system

schunmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:13 PM

That makes sense... and I noticed my immune system is really low since I had my kids. I get sick so easily now and before I never got sick. I hate the cold sores... I haven't had one in like 10 years and now I've had 3 in the last 3 months!

Quoting prestonjohn:

I was told around that time of the month your immune system drops some so that could be why it flare up,,the herpes simplex virus flares when there is a drop in the immune system

abbysmommy429
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Me too!! But, I get them a couple of days before, so I know that my period is about to start. They really make it that much more enjoyable haha!

CafeMom Tickers
dennysgirl07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Take l-lysine. I swear it works. Two a day. And about 10 during the day when u feel one coming on. It won't even break the skin. Look it up. It's prevents them. If you have lysine in your system, then it's Like water to a fire. Nothin happens. I swear by it

www.Myspace.com/Holygoodness

Lissachck
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Most likely they are connected. I get a minor cold every time I have my period! Not that I'd remember since I've been pregnant for the last two years...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
LCWAmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:29 PM

it's something to do with the hormones your also more likley to get them if your stressed or in the sun a lot I get one every month a few days before AF it sucks but I use blistex and it seems to be the best and making them last the least ammount of time

Imaddge3.jpg picture by JanieBoBanie

jasminesmom09
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:30 PM

i get one the day before.. it has something to do with hormones.. go to ur OB-GYN and ask for valtrex.. you take one as soon as you feel a cold sore coming and then one 12 hours later and its gone in 1 day

Quoting schunmom:

This may be TMI but the last 3 monthly's I've had I got a cold sore the same day it started.... I was wondering if there may be a connection?

stephanie, 21 mom to jasmine (jan 12, 09). ,
yahoo: jasminesmom11209

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)