Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bye Bye Birth Control!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:59 PM
  • 13 Replies
In T minus four hours and fifteen minutes, my Mirena will be GONE for good. I woke up in excruciating pain last night, i'm seeing a different doctor than the one I originally have and I don't care what they advise. I'm not living in pain anymore. I'm thrilled. Almost a year of hell will be over!!
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:01 PM

I felt the same way getting mine out...but ugh....getting mine out hurt so bad! She told me to cough but the pain made it where i couldnt breathe!

CafeMom Tickers

aguerra13
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:01 PM

why didnt you get it taken out as soon as you started experiencing the pain?

ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade
ColieO
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:02 PM
Oh and I don't care how much it costs at this point. It's coming out. I'll deal with the bills later. Use tax return if I have too.
RissaBusch
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:04 PM

I've heard soooo many horror stories about that thing.  I had a friend that had it puncture the top of her uterus.  ouch. 

jessigarrett
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM

UGH I  CANT WAIT TILL MINE IS GONE

ColieO
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Quoting aguerra13:

why didnt you get it taken out as soon as you started experiencing the pain?

because the doctor who put it in wouldn't take it out when I asked. I didn't have insurance. Still don't but the pain has increased to the point it doesn't matter. Taxes are coming. I'll deal with the bill in a couple months. I got the run around when I did have insurance and then didn't have any.
ColieO
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Quoting RissaBusch:

I've heard soooo many horror stories about that thing. I had a friend that had it puncture the top of her uterus. ouch.

a friend of mine had hers for almost the full five years and two weeks ago it punctured her uterus. It also caused huge cysts on one of her ovaries. Another friend got the same infection I did and now she can't have kids. Another friend also got cysts. Ya. Wish I would've known earlier. Never would have gotten this.
fairymom2316
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting RissaBusch:

I've heard soooo many horror stories about that thing. I had a friend that had it puncture the top of her uterus. ouch.

a friend of mine had hers for almost the full five years and two weeks ago it punctured her uterus. It also caused huge cysts on one of her ovaries. Another friend got the same infection I did and now she can't have kids. Another friend also got cysts. Ya. Wish I would've known earlier. Never would have gotten this.

What were your symptoms? I have been getting pains, it almost feels like something is scraping on my uterus but the doc just laughed at me, she said the IUD is not big enough. That's why I want a different doc. She also told me that one of my ovaries is enlarged, I wonder if it's because of this?

ColieO
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:38 PM

For some reason it didn't quote. But ya. I've had a lot of really bad cramping when I ovulate. Not on my period though. My period last 10-15 days instead of 3-5. I have a lot of pain that seems to be focused on the lower left side of my pelvis. Sharp shooting pains, lots of pressure. I get really bad headaches when I get the cramping too.

Quoting fairymom2316:

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting RissaBusch:

mommyziegler
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:39 PM

i hated my mirena when i had it and get it removed asap!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)