Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish pale skin was just accepted in California...it used to be.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:00 PM
  • 39 Replies

Ok I remember back in the days where it was ok to go to the beach or wear shorts without having to tan my legs! Now, its apparently "gross" according to my teen daughter to have no color! And I guess I have fallen into the tanning era in one way or another..but to the point that I have to wear pants because I did not get a chance to tan before the sun cam out, its not fair! I just wish that although a tanning body looks great...a pale body does too right? I guess I am just tired of tanning..its can be costly too.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:01 PM

besides that, it is pretty bad for you 

joates1976
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Quoting beautifulminds:

Ok I remember back in the days where it was ok to go to the beach or wear shorts without having to tan my legs! Now, its apparently "gross" according to my teen daughter to have no color! And I guess I have fallen into the tanning era in one way or another..but to the point that I have to wear pants because I did not get a chance to tan before the sun cam out, its not fair! I just wish that although a tanning body looks great...a pale body does too right? I guess I am just tired of tanning..its can be costly too.

My husband is as pale as they come (German/Irish/English) and I love it when he wears shorts out.  It isn't gross to have pale legs...I would rather see pale legs than those orange legs from fake tans :) 

KDeneau71009
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:03 PM

lol i'm 23 and i only usually tan in the summer sun =) unless i'm having the winter blues here in Michigan then i will tan to get some "sunlight" 

shaedog3

i love love love being as light as i am i get told all the time how pretty my skin is and that it looks like porcelain. IMO to be tan just blends in with every one else, nothing special.

Jrasifarmer

I am very pale skinned....I don't tan. 

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Nothing says you *have* to tan or wear pants. Just don't worry what other people are going to think. Who cares?

I've never been tanning a day in my life, and all the sun does for me is burn my skin....but, I wear shorts and bathing suits in the winter. I let people see my pale skin, and I don't care if they think it's "gross".

ProudMom9799
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Quoting Jrasifarmer:

I am very pale skinned....I don't tan. 

me too...i just "freckle"....irish skin doesnt like tanning..lol

hfs1998
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Teenagers are rarely a good judge of what is accepted or not.  Chances are if you were tan, she'd find something else about you that was just wrong, lol!  Show your pasty legs and be proud!

Two of my friends from high school live in the San Diego area and they have to be the whitest people I know, they have never said that being pasty was a problem and I know they go to the beach all the time and run and play sports.

KristynRuth
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Tanning is SO bad for you!! I was doing it for a while b/c I worked next door to one and they would let me for free, but I left that job and haven't tanned since! I was more or less doing it just so I could take a "break" during my work day lol. Pale is pretty! Natural tan is pretty too, FAKE TAN BOO! lol I say be comfortable in your own skin, if you don't want to tan DON'T!

avegajenkins
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:07 PM

I love natually tanned skin LMAO ...all that fake stuff I dont like LOL 

We Love OUR DADDY he is our HERO...ARMY WIFE & Mom of 3.. Owned by a PUG...Missing our home..NYC

army

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)