Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, this show got me thinking... ( pro-life only!!)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

I was watching a show the other night where a woman was pregnant with twins but one of them was underdeveloped and was killing the other baby.  The underdeveloped baby had no heart and no brain but was still growing, only by the help of the other twin.  So it got me thinking... What if you found out your were pregnant ( not with twins but one single baby) and went in to get your ultrasound and they saw that the baby had no heart and no brain but was somehow still developing in other ways.  Would you continue with the pregnancy knowing that your child has no life outside the womb or would you terminate it?  I am pro-life all the way but this one has me a little stumped.  If there were no other complications besides the underdeveloped child, no risk to you at all, would you get an abortion?

I just dont know if I could handle going through child birth knowing that I would be giving birth to a baby that is dead.  But then again, it is still a life....

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lovemymarine306
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:28 PM

i'm pro-choice, but i think i'd do what my mom did.  allow the baby to live as long as possible so you can say goodbye.  it was hard for her, but i think it was also closure.

Pnukey
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:29 PM

I would hope that the underdeveloped one would stop killing the second baby. I would continue the pregnancy. I could never end a pregnancy with a baby that was still alive. I would still hold out hope that a miracle would happen.

savannahnhi
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:29 PM

banging head into wall

ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Quoting lovemymarine306:

i'm pro-choice, but i think i'd do what my mom did.  allow the baby to live as long as possible so you can say goodbye.  it was hard for her, but i think it was also closure.

Same here. You have the rest of the pregnancy to let go because you knew what to expect. If by chance something miraculous happened, consider it a blessing and be gracious you didn't "get rid of it"

~Tierra~

OwenNBryMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Two of my cousins carried babies (singletons) to term with anencephaly (no brain). They delivered them, they died, they buried them. It absolutely destroyed both women. Destroyed them. After seeing what they went through, I'd terminate the pregnancy. And that is not easy to say. God willing I will never be in that situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)