Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

giving away clothes:(

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:31 PM
  • 9 Replies

I love clothes. Love them. But my clothes collection has outgrown me. I've run out of space for it all..So the only option is to cut down and give a lot away. I'm having a hard time. How do you give away something thats hard to sort out and give away?? Do you just breathe and throw it in a box..or do you have to have someone pry them from your hands?? Its hard to choose what to keep!

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamatoNandB
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:33 PM

When I got rid of/donated baby clothes, I cried. I won't even lie. LOL! I knew that I didn't need them anymore, but every little outfit, I saw my baby in :( It was hard, but I just boxed it all and was done with it! (((hugs)))

Carah

Proud lesbian mama to Braedan and Noah

Girlfriend to Emily (AKA the boys' EmdyMom!)

AuroraCarly
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I have this same problem.

Stepmommy to 1 Awesome Little Girl!

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:35 PM

When I no longer was a size 2/4 I gave all the clothing to my little sisters. It was sooo hard! The only thing I held onto was my seven jeans they are my favorites and I dnt care what anyone says I will squeeze into them again one day!

Vandyswife
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I have kept all of my baby clothes.. just in case.. lol..

my clothes, my rule of thumb is if i havnt worn it in 1 year, then i goes!!!! (unless it is special like a gown or something like that) 

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:37 PM

lol it is hard!

yoshiwife
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:39 PM

i hate it too! i donated all of thme to the womens shelter because they need the baby clothes and that way i know they are going to people who actually need them

ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Im not that attached. I come from a hand me down family. I have kept a few key pieces though, like an unused diaper from every size he's ever worn, his come-home outfit, baptismal gown, etc.

Everything else goes to a family member. It is great to see them again on someone else. Your child cannot ever wear them again. Then if you have another, it can get passed back to you (if your family takes care of it)

~Tierra~

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I love going through clothes and giving them away. It gives me an excuse to buy something diffrent.

TBKSuperMama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:01 PM

My own clothes I dont mind throwing out or donating and now that my kids are older its easier to pass on the clothes that they are outgrowing as long as its not something extra special ( like their first little ties that they wore to sunday school and Trace's tball unform shirt, sentimental stuff) but it was really hard to pass their baby clothes down.

When my oldest son was born I had a ton of clothes and inteded to save them and did save some of them ( his special stuff, coming home outfit, first easter, first christmas, etc.) but my cousin and his girlfriend has a surprise baby and I gave them a ton of clothes. Of course my dad works at carters so he had got a lot of the clothes at low prices. Anyway, my cousins baby was born deaf, blind and had fluid on his brain but he passed away at 3 mos old exactly. We went to their house the next day after Cameron died and his mom gave me back a bunch of the clothes but I ended up donating most of them to the salvation army.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)