Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parental Criticism...are you a bad mom?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:50 PM
  • 29 Replies

If and when you've been accused of being a "bad mother"...for what ever reason...what is your reaction? Do you get your panties in a twist and get stubborn? Or do you re-evaluate yourself and do something about it?

Clarification: Lets keep CM out of this...I think at one point in time, we've all been negatively judged in some form or fashion on the internet. I'm talking about in "real life" (ugh, hate that term)...just critism from family or friends...not a direct "you're a bad mom!".

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SxyPanamami83
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:51 PM

if someone told me im a bad mom i would tell them to kiss my ass and go to hell. i know i am not a bad mother

NavyWifey122305
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:52 PM

well according to CM everything I do makes me a bad mom. But my kids are healthy and happy so I ignore what others say.

KristynRuth
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Quoting SxyPanamami83:

if someone told me im a bad mom i would tell them to kiss my ass and go to hell. i know i am not a bad mother

AMEN!! I have never done anything to hurt my child and I am ALWAYS looking for his best interest. I mean if there were SOMETHING that could even be evaluated, yes I would reevaluate myself, but I always take care of what's mine!! (I LOVE MY BABY!!!) lol

mama2conor

Haven't been accused yet.  I know I'm not the perfect mom, but I do the best I can.  If someone said I was a bad mom, I'd tell them to kiss my ass.

oboe_chik

In real life? No. On CM? Probably everything I would do would be considered "bad" but someone but I really don't care what faceless people over the net think.

mitch576

i have been raising a child with autism for 13 years now.

i've NEVER been called a bad mom by ANYONE, EVER.

and if i did.. yeah it would seriously make me think about what i was doing wrong.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

-xoxo-
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM

I was told by someone on CM that I'm a bad mom because I own a tiny "murderous" ball python. Wanna know what I did about it? I went and held my snake and let my 6 year old hold him too lol!! 

mom2mandjax
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Neither, I tell my SO about what they said then have a laugh. After that I go about my business as if I never read their post. I have the mindset of you do things your way I'll do things my way. if I worried about what others do or say I would be miserable all the time.

The extent of American ignorance continues to amaze me

Mommy2Khloe

I don't think anyone in real life would ever tell me i'm a bad mom. Now some moms on CM may & I would tell them where to stick it but that's because I think some moms on here just say things to start things. JMO

CafeMom Tickers
ToraMay

My teen constantly tells me that I am a bad mother because I set limits and I enforce rules. My 7-yr old tells me I am a bad mom when I don't let him watch TV until his school work is done. My 6-yr old tells me I'm a bad mom when I don't let him beat up on his sister.

I ignore them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)