• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else find what this teacher did to be a little strange?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:36 PM
  • 23 Replies

I had to go to my 11 year old son's school for a conference with his teacher.  The reason why may be put into another post.  :)

Anyway, so I am talking to this teacher and she goes, "I have been meaning to call you. Perry had your 'New Moon' book here and it was sitting around so I decided to borrow it. I just saw it and thought, 'Oh, I haven't read that one yet so I borrowed it. I hope that's okay."

Ummmm, don't you think you should have asked me first or had my son ask me lady?  lol  How in the hell can I say "no, it is not okay" when it is at your house?

I wouldn't have minded, but I was already in a pissy mood and I was really annoyed that she just thought it was okay to take my book and "borrow" it without asking first.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Yeah, that's pretty rude.  I wonder how she would have felt if your son "borrowed" something off of her desk?

alexhuntercody
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:38 PM

wouldn't that be stealing? She took it obviously without talking to you or your son about it right? One of my teachers growing up got in trouble for that..he took something much more of value.

retsillacam
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:38 PM

If I knew the teacher well I wouldn't mind. But I live in a small town and everyone knows everyone else. Under different circumstances yes it seems weird.

CafeMom Tickers

Mommy2Khloe
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Unless you guys are close, like friends, I would think it was a little weird, yes.

CafeMom Tickers
Tazz2
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM

this.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Yeah, that's pretty rude.  I wonder how she would have felt if your son "borrowed" something off of her desk?

CasandraFinlay
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM

pick your battles.

myfoursonsks

I think this is the 2nd time I have seen her.  So, I don't know her at all really.

Quoting Mommy2Khloe:

Unless you guys are close, like friends, I would think it was a little weird, yes.

Schleetle

That is WEIRD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CafeMom Tickers

mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:41 PM

That is weird, I would report the teacher to the principal. If she is comfortable taking your book from a student without asking what else might she be stealing. At least that is the way I think about it. I'm sure it's against the rules of her employment. I would bring it up to the principal before it happens again.

myfoursonsks
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Who is battling? 

Quoting CasandraFinlay:

pick your battles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)