Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a Tubal Ligation?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:38 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am going to see the doc tomorrow about having my tubes tied and wanted to know how the healing process was? Any complications?

Thanks for any info

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christy644
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:39 PM

I had mine the day after the baby was born. The recovery was in place with the recovery from a baby so nothing major.

You will be a bit sore and uncomfortable but that should be about it

Areala
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Quoting Christy644:

I had mine the day after the baby was born. The recovery was in place with the recovery from a baby so nothing major.

You will be a bit sore and uncomfortable but that should be about it

this
oh ya the incision was in my belly button

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Nope. I had the essure procedure done (http://www.essure.com/) But here's a bump for you

pixylove101
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:41 PM

I had it done I was a little sore. It beats pregnancy pains and labor.

lovinmy3babs
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:42 PM

I think it only took a couple days to feel great. I was a little sore but was able to resume normal activity after a couple days. Good luck!

youlookin4me
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:42 PM

I was wondering the same things...I go in to get mine done in a few weeks im not really scared but do want to know what its like after its done....I hope you get a lot of post,  But i think its car seat week or something......How long are you PP?  I have to wait 6 weeks to have mine done?  I would like to get it over w/ but the dr. said i have to wait?  wonder why!!  And YES i'm sure i want it done!!

mymomisthebomb
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Oh man, I hate to scare you and run you off but I really think everyone is different. I had a really hard time because it was 6 weeks after the birth and the recovery to me was horrible. I just was very sore and stiff. I have had a few surgeries and this by far was the worst BUT I wouldnt change anything. My sex life is way better and the fact that I dont have 15 kids is even better:) Just remember it will heal and you may have a great surgery and come through with no problems......Everyone is different, I don't think you will regret it one bit:)

Mysty_1961
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I had mine done about 10 years ago and had no problem at all.  I did have some pain and a few days recovery, but it was not a big deal.  I think the methods they use4 now are even more simple and easy.  If I were getting my tubes tied today I would look into the Essure method.  It is very simple, done in the office, and almost no recovery.  My daughter decided she is going to be child free and had this done a year ago.  It was about a 45 minute office procedure which she walked away from back to her normal activities.  The down side is it takes 90 days to completely block your tubes.  Good luck.

rhianonmat
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Before you do it... look up "post tubal ligation syndrome" on the internet.  Up to 30% of women who have had tubals suffer from this.  

L 

If my breastfeeding offends you, feel free to put a blanket over your head.

momme2anangel
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:45 PM

I'm pregnant right now and DH and I are sure this is it, we are done so we have been talking about me getting it done after the baby is born! I have no clue about any of it right now! Good post though thanks! BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)