Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im kind of PISSED right now.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

OK this is going to sound strange. But here goes. I hope there will be no judging, but this is Cm so I wont hold my breath.

So, apparently some kids have been calling my nephew gay at school. (Nephews lives with us 13 and 15 yo boys and I have  13, 6 and 4 yo sons as well.)

When everyone was brought into the office, it all boiled down to some kid that stayed the night here once walked in on a conversation my two 13 year olds were having about their pubic hair (basically comparing how much hair they had... but NOT showing any parts or anything)

I guess after that the overnight kid said "well where am I going to sleep" and my nephew offered up his bed and offered to sleep in the bed with his 15 yo brother.

Well I guess that Monday the kid started calling my nephew gay. So, my nephew smacked him in front of a bunch of kids on the school bus. So the kid was intimidated and didn't fight back. Instead he spread rumors my nephew was gay.

When all this came to light in the guidance counselor office, she called me. 

She said something about the pubic hair comparing. And said she didnt think it went any farther than joking around. 
Then she said something about a sexual abuse team and investigation.

I seriously thought she was talking about my nephew being sexually harassed by being called gay and getting hassled about sexuality at school so they were going to do something to the other kids about it.

Well, it was brought to my attention by my husband that she was talking about INVESTIGATING US!!!! Because the boys were talking about their pubic hair. 

WTF!! That has me kind of PISSED OFF. They think that boys talking about pubic hair is worth investigating over boys harassing each other at school about their sexuality??

I am really angry about this. But I dont know what to do. Am I over reacting? 

There is currently no investigation, and most likely wont be. But I am mad that she even insinuated that there would be.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GenevieveD
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:00 PM

What the hell? Are you serious? It’s just kids exploring their themselves and leaning and it’s natural. 

chzypoofs
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:05 PM

then every household with children should be investigated....omg you have got to be effin kidding me!!!!

Monica-2.png picture by tenhagent

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:06 PM

wtf? id be irate too. id call a lawyer. thats what many little boys do, act gross lol.  

StudioM
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:07 PM

We went thru something similar years ago. I have 4 kids, 2 of which were in school at the time. The younger one is an ADhD kid and getting him ready for school before his meds kicked in was always an exercise in patience to say the least. Most days it was an up hill battle.

Well, my dh had to get the kids off to school on this particular day and it was a battle. Older kid went to school in a pissy mood because of the younger kid making them miss the bus and then having to get a ride from dad in his not so cool van. Teacher sent  him to the counselor to talk out his pissy mood. Older told the counselor it was a fight to get Younger to school that morning. Counselor asked Older all kinds of questions including if he had ever been  hit by his dad. WELL, yes as a matter of fact he had! HIS DAD. Not my husband who is the step father. Counselor neglected to ask that part.

Long story short, the next morning my husband's commanding officer told him that once he returned from his morning break after PT they had to haul his ass in. DH called me after he was told this. I called the school wanting the kids to see the counselor to make sure they were ok... KIDS WERE GONE. The report was so bad that they believed my kids were in iminent danger and had already taken them and placed them in protective custody.

Moral of my story: Even the best intentions by the school SUCK ASS. We went thru the investigation. The counselor was moved to another school. My husband was issued a formal apology by the school who also contacted his command to apologize. Not cool to mess with a military man's career like that. It can screw your whole world up.

The school has to err on the side of caution. I know it sucks and sometimes it is downright traumatic. Be patient and firm and hold your  head up high. They are there for the best intrest of the kids.

KristynRuth
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Hell no you're not over reacting! I would be SOO pissed off too! I'm so sorry that your children are so normal-I didn't realize it could be a bad thing! Freakin idiots at that school!

Wendy_June

That is completely stupid, I would be so mad!

Tia_B

This guidance counselor is a nosy .....

She has called me about my own son when she isnt his guidance counselor. And told me to keep it secret because she gets in trouble for calling other counselors kids parents. 

She also learned (we had to call the principal and tell him)about my SIL causing drama for us because she didnt want me raising her kids so she called my nephew into her office and stared drilling him about all these personal questions about his mother and his father (that hes never had contact with) and where we live and what our house is like... 

she is really over stepping some serious boundaries.

Quoting GenevieveD:

What the hell? Are you serious? It’s just kids exploring their themselves and leaning and it’s natural. 

Tia_B
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:09 PM

LMAO!!! Thats exactly how I saw it. Boys being boys!

Quoting faerie75:

wtf? id be irate too. id call a lawyer. thats what many little boys do, act gross lol.  

MommytoKenzie08
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:09 PM

That is so dumb omg.

I would go talk to her and the principal face to face.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)