Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Under what circumstances would your child's school...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:12 PM
  • 20 Replies

call you and tell you that you need to come to the school for an inappropriate behavior that your child has done?

I got a call from my 11 year old's school today.  I answer the phone and they say, "This is .  We have Perry in the office with a step 4 and a parent needs to come to the school." (I was already irritated by this because they didn't even ask if I was a parent and they could have been talking to anyone.)

They have a step system in their school and each step is a bigger consequence.  I think step 5 is out of school suspension.

This is the first time one of my kids has ever been in trouble so I am thinking, "step 4 and saying I have to come to the school..so, it must be bad."

I get there and they say that I need to immediately have a conference with the teacher and to walk to the classroom.  I get there and she has a 2 minute "conference" with me and says that Perry has been talking to much today.  That is it.  I had to go to the school for that. That took her like 30 seconds and the other minute and a half was her telling me how she "borrowed" one of my books that my son had left at the school.

What in the heck?  Why did I have to go to the school for that?  He just went back to the classroom and carried on like it was a normal day.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitch576
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:15 PM

lmao dude i would have freaked out on her.

i have a child with h.f.a {as you already know} and let me tell you.. when he was younger i had to quit my job to deal with his "behaviors"

they called me for real things.. like when he was 7 and refused to stop washing his hands for fear of foot and mouth disease. i was called in to "deal with him"

so i then informed my overly intelligent autistic 7 year old..

" you are about to have my foot in your ass disease, step away from the sink"

so.. i don't get called for stupid shit.

crazy shit? oh yeah.. i could list the crazy shit all day.

but not dumb shit.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

imechard
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:19 PM

That is so stupid. I thought teachers were used to dealing behaviors like that? has she been smoking dope, that is my question

myfoursonsks
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:21 PM

I couldn't even think about how stupid it was that they called me up here because he talks too much. He has always talked to much, the kid has ADHD and is not medicated...lol.  He can't even sit in a chair while he eats.  He has to stand and be moving constantly.  Sometimes I feel like teachers pick on him because he is a little annoying because of his ADHD.

But, at the moment, all I could think about is how she took my book without asking me...lol.

Quoting mitch576:

i have a child with h.f.a {as you already know} and let me tell you.. when he was younger i had to quit my job to deal with his "behaviors"

they called me for real things.. like when he was 7 and refused to stop washing his hands for fear of foot and mouth disease. i was called in to "deal with him"

but not dumb shit.

ProudMom9799
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:34 PM

wow...my sons school called my house (my mom got the call) that they urgently needed to speak with me about my son.

turns out he and one of his friends were horsing around and he threw fun tack at his friend and it got stuck in the boys hair. in the boys efforts to get it out - he made it worse. 

principal called me in a panic over the fun tack and that the kid may have to cut his hair to get it out...principal was seriously considering in school suspension for it.

my mom was so frustrated by them - she was like this man has been prinicpal for 10+ yrs - he has NEVER had an issue with fun tack being stuck in someones hair before..use some damn baby oil or google it and figure it out.

mitch576
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:36 PM

for the record.. that would have pissed me off too! lol

Quoting myfoursonsks:

I couldn't even think about how stupid it was that they called me up here because he talks too much. He has always talked to much, the kid has ADHD and is not medicated...lol.  He can't even sit in a chair while he eats.  He has to stand and be moving constantly.  Sometimes I feel like teachers pick on him because he is a little annoying because of his ADHD.

But, at the moment, all I could think about is how she took my book without asking me...lol.

Quoting mitch576:

but not dumb shit.

LCWAmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Quoting mitch576:

but not dumb shit.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that !! Last year when my son was in preschool the teachers aid ( the teacher was out sick) wrote my sons name on the board because he would not get a tissue and was  picking his nose yeah its gross but not worth punishing him . 

Imaddge3.jpg picture by JanieBoBanie

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Wow....she couldnt have sent a note home or told you over the phone....what if you were a working mom and had to leave for something that stupid. 

Mylesbaby boyMykailahbaby girlMykahbaby boy

Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils and Supplements

mitch576
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:44 PM

the teachers present had to turn their backs because they were all snickering. i think.. they had wanted to say those exact words to him but legally.. couldn't! lol

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting mitch576:

but not dumb shit.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that !! Last year when my son was in preschool the teachers aid ( the teacher was out sick) wrote my sons name on the board because he would not get a tissue and was  picking his nose yeah its gross but not worth punishing him . 

StudioM
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Was it the teacher or the principal that 'elevated' it to their step 4? I think I would have a very calm and level headed discussion with the principal to make sure everyone knows what LEVEL 4 is. sounds like the teacher was having a bad day! I'd also discuss the 'borrowing' of the book with the principal. See if that fixes her bad day!

LCWAmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM

oh I didn't answer the question I had to pick up my daughter from school for pantsing a boy in 4th grade they principal only sent her home for the day and let her come back with just the teacher taking care of it in class because she was crying so hard everyone in the office felt bad for her. That is the only time I got a call for behaviour at school if my kids teachers have a problem in the class room they send me an e-mail

Imaddge3.jpg picture by JanieBoBanie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)