Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you use food stamps....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:20 PM
  • 42 Replies

Could you answer a couple of questions for me?

Is there any restrictions on what I can buy with my card? I mean can I buy like Pediasure, Pop, Bottled Water, Deli Meat? Thing like that. 

My husband just lost his job so I applied for assiasten and just got my Food Stamp card today and was wondering about these things.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
little.miss.mom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:21 PM

When we were on FS 4 years ago we were able to get all of that with ours.

southernjess3

I've heard you cant buy hot foods...

CafeMom Tickers

ElShaddi

No hot foods but you can but everything you stated 

StudioM
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Yes, you can buy basically all food products including pediasure. Pedialyte  might be different. It MIGHT be considered a medical product. I honestly don't know that one. You can buy cold prepared foods like cold subs or cold pizza's to be baked at home, but you cannot buy heated prepared foods. 

You cannot buy beer or anything non food.

ginger813

you can't buy already prepared foods. If you're not sure though, just call the assistance office, they'll be able to tell you for sure. 

katzmeow726

YOu can buy all those things save for the Deli meat I think.  I'm not100% sure on that though, we usually buy pre packaged.  Pedialyte was covered, so I'm sure pediasure is too. 

cakright
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:23 PM

you can buy the pop, water, and deli meat. im not sure about the pediasure....you cannot buy vitamin water for some reason and you cannot buy anything already made and hot.

StudioM
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:23 PM

That answers my question on pedialyte!

Quoting katzmeow726:

YOu can buy all those things save for the Deli meat I think.  I'm not100% sure on that though, we usually buy pre packaged.  Pedialyte was covered, so I'm sure pediasure is too. 

Princesaof1
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:24 PM

you can buy all of that I only thing you cant buy is like food thats already made like you know how you go to the market and they have chicken and salad already made its just stuff like  that...

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:24 PM

No hot foods, and no energy drinks. You can buy just about anything else that is food in the grocery store though, including everything u listed.

And ramen noodles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)