Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parkinson's Disease

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:23 PM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone had any experience with this?  I found out that the lady who turned out to be the only mom I ever knew [she took me home from a shelter when I was 14 and had left home] has Parkinson's and I was wondering if anyone else knew of anyone who had this.  I haven't seen her in a very long time.  Far too long.  She's had it for two years now.  I am afraid to even ask this but do people die of this?  Any info would be so helpful!  Thanks.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Case07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Michael J Fox has it.. i know it makes your shake.. i cant say i know anyone personally but there is a lot of informatio on line ablout it

Mom to 2 beautiful girls, married to the worlds best hubby (yes ladies he cooks, cleans, even washes the floors, shops, takes care of the kids, u name it he does it..). I love to take pictures.. check out my site www.casephotography.shutterfly.com

pasteeater
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Quoting Case07:

Michael J Fox has it.. i know it makes your shake.. i cant say i know anyone personally but there is a lot of informatio on line ablout it

I know, this is probably childish, in fact I'm sure it is.  But I'm afraid to do research because I don't know what I'll find out.  I guess that's why I asked here because I know that if anyone has had experiences with it at least it would be real.  I hope any way.  Even though I didn't know her growing up until 14 I feel like I'm losing my mommy.

naomishere
by naomi michelle on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:32 PM

my grandfather has it and its been a long battle...

at first they just shake some but as the disease progresses they have issues swallowing because there memory is affected. theres rehab for it and i know my grandfather would have issues talking sometimes because of it. his story is a lil different because he broke his hip and from the stress from that and the surgery and the pain meds he isnt doing so good. if u see her getting worst find rehab programs for her where they teach her stuff and kinda watch her if u can because they also tend to fall alot... if u have any other questions u can message me 

pasteeater
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Quoting naomishere:

my grandfather has it and its been a long battle...

at first they just shake some but as the disease progresses they have issues swallowing because there memory is affected. theres rehab for it and i know my grandfather would have issues talking sometimes because of it. his story is a lil different because he broke his hip and from the stress from that and the surgery and the pain meds he isnt doing so good. if u see her getting worst find rehab programs for her where they teach her stuff and kinda watch her if u can because they also tend to fall alot... if u have any other questions u can message me 

She lives far away from me so I have no idea of what sort of progress she is making.  She lives near her "natural" children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)