• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have had the most stressful week....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:26 PM
  • 26 Replies

My 16 year old dropped his brand new Blackberry in the toilet and expects me to get him another one.

Then the same kid left his Ipod on a park bench while he played football and of course it got stolen.

My 7 year old had his bike stolen out of our backyard. This was like the 3rd or 4th bike stolen.  It was brand new. I had to call the police this morning and fill out a report.  They needed the serial # and I went to get the receipt. I then realized that I had exchanged the bike because the first one had scratches on it.  So, the receipt didn't have the accurate serial #.

My 14 year old has been being my problem child as usual and has me stressed out.  That is just typical though. 

Then this dumb teacher calls me to the school because my son was talking in class and tells me she took my book...lmao.

ETA~~ My 7 year old also threw up all over the living room floor, the stairs, and upstairs outside of the bathroom this weekend.  He ate at KFC and it made him sick.  The worst part is that he drank fruit punch before he got sick and now there are red stains all over the carpet.  I forgot about that one.

I want to scream.  Is anyone else having a bad week?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StillMagnolia
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Well, my utilities bill came in the mail on Saturday and it said that I owe a whopping $541 when it's usually around $250.  I called them and they are coming to check the meters.  I am really hoping that they screwed up. 

Proud Marine Corps Wife to Christopher and Mommy to 2 little monsters that look just like their Daddy!  :0)

MrsReesca17
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:31 PM

My husband and I are separated.  I have a restraining order against him.  I'm working full time and taking care of a 20 month old by myself.  Our court hearing is Wednesday.

It could be worse.

myfoursonsks
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Ugghhh...I have seen that happen before. Sometimes if there is bad weather or something else going on, they won't check your meter and just guess your usage.  Then the next time they check it, they may have underestimated and hit you all at once.  I am hoping that isn't what happened to you.  Hopefully they just misread it.

Quoting StillMagnolia:

Well, my utilities bill came in the mail on Saturday and it said that I owe a whopping $541 when it's usually around $250.  I called them and they are coming to check the meters.  I am really hoping that they screwed up. 

myfoursonsks
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Sorry, I wasn't trying to create a competition.  Those aren't all of my problems in life.

Quoting MrsReesca17:

My husband and I are separated.  I have a restraining order against him.  I'm working full time and taking care of a 20 month old by myself.  Our court hearing is Wednesday.

It could be worse.

MrsReesca17
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:35 PM

No competitions trying to be started.  But just remember when you feel like pulling your hair out, there are others who are going through worse.

I'm sorry that you're having a bad week.  It seems to be happening to everyone these days.  Hope things get better for you.

Quoting myfoursonsks:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to create a competition.  Those aren't all of my problems in life.

Quoting MrsReesca17:

It could be worse.

mommareed
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I am sorry you are having a bad week :(  Yeah bad week here too.  Got my gas bill today and it is 621.00!!  I think I crapped my pants.  Then I had a horrible stomach virus or flu or something the past couple days and on top of the normal early pregnancy barfing I had extra barfing amongstother nasty things lol, and cant eat for going on 4 day now...Then the virus flared up my lupus so now I am dealing with that and now I think I have pnemonia..going to the doctor tomorrow..I cant even talk it hurts so bad.  Whew the vent made me feel a little better..I dont vent to often

°o☆Proud Mom of 3 kids under3☆o     

marilyn623
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:39 PM

yes! me and the kids are sick and miserable, i'm using my inhaler like no other, and they get up and whine for a hour and go back to sleep. all day.

we payed our THREE HUNDRED SIXTY SEVEN dollar electric bill today.

and i don't have gas to take dd to prek all week.

yay!

plus dd won't wear her glasses, so every like 20 mins i have to search the whole house for them.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:39 PM

~My bank account was way negative--so negative that when my husband's paycheck was direct deposited on Friday, we now have only $60 in the bank. Most of that money was just the overdraft fees. I hate banks.

~Took my van to the mechanic to be fixed and inspected (it ran out in September of '09, and we got a ticket for it a couple weeks ago). We thought there were only minor repairs needed--turns out, it's going to cost over $3000 to pass inspection. It's not even worth $3000, so now, we're just praying we don't get pulled over, and we're going to use our tax return to get a newer vehicle.

~My washing machine broke. Thankfully, I was able to "ghettofy" it to make it work, but it's a huge pain in the ass.

~Last night, thanks to a car wreck, we were out of electricity for 7 hours (that also meant no heat and no water for us). I live in PA, it's cold.

~My son was up most of the night puking last night. First time in his 20 months that he's puked (aside from spit up as an infant).Not fun trying to clean puke when you have no light and no water.

~My son decided last night was a good night to learn to climb out of his crib. He has a bruised eye, but thankfully, he's okay other than that.

Yeah, this all happened between last Monday and last night (Sunday).

RaynesMommy07
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I'm sorry mama..I hope the week gets better for you, as it goes along.   My week has been stressful too, and I'm just hoping it gets better.   

myfoursonsks
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Hopefully you can get things settled down so you can move on without all the drama that is sounds like your husband has caused.

Quoting MrsReesca17:

No competitions trying to be started.  But just remember when you feel like pulling your hair out, there are others who are going through worse.

I'm sorry that you're having a bad week.  It seems to be happening to everyone these days.  Hope things get better for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)