• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help....clogged toilet question

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

I don't know what is in my toilet but it does not want to come out. We bought a toilet auger and tried that but it only works for a very short time. Short of pulling up the toilet and all that does anyone have any ideas to try? Thanks in advance.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
neenerashley
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Do you have a Septic tank?

Mikey
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:50 PM

nope sorry. we had the same prob & ended up having to pull up the toilet. we used the auger, a snake & other things before we pulled up the toilet. it was pretty easy pulling up the toilet, I had my 15yr old son do it.

momof4bzN2gz
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:50 PM

no

Quoting neenerashley:

1busymomma03
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM

This is what I was going to ask too. We were having trouble with our toilets too, and we just had to have our septic tank pumped. Unfortunately that didn't solve all of our trouble..we also had to have some of the septic lines replaced, and we may be replacing more in the future...

Quoting neenerashley:

neenerashley
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM

We had serious back up not to long ago.. had to go rent a snake the clog was about 80 feet into the pipe. It was F'in kanndoo wipes! septic tank safe my butt lol.

OP: Toilets are pretty easy to pull up.

Quoting 1busymomma03:

This is what I was going to ask too. We were having trouble with our toilets too, and we just had to have our septic tank pumped. Unfortunately that didn't solve all of our trouble..we also had to have some of the septic lines replaced, and we may be replacing more in the future...

Quoting neenerashley:

wife.and.mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:56 PM

maybe there is a tree root that is growing through the pipes.

my ILs had that and eventually had to remove the tree

flipper_28
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM

ok this is gonn sound really gross, but last week our toilet wouldn't flush.....dd had went poo and had those little rabbit poo's that float, and one had gotten stuck in the whole where the air pressure is....lol...if that makes sence....but ok maybe check that .

when life gives you lemons, throw them at the mean people and hope it hits them in the eye..

lisa601
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:43 PM

We had a plumber friend use the snake thing with a camera on ours and basically the line going out of the house never sealed properly at one of the joints.  Tree roots had grown into it over the past 20 years.  DH had to dig it up with a track o thing and repair it.  FIL bought us a new toilet but it's taller and I don't like it.  He was thinking of DH (6' 2") not me (5' 4")!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)