• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

preschool for 3 year old..

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM
  • 1 Replies

what are some things to look into? i know i want the teachers to be educated for education and not just moms, has to be nut free, what else should i be looking for?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mom22tumblebugs
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM

When you are looking around, look at the art  projects hanging around.. see what they are doing with the kids. Ask to see a schedule. our preschool has a theme for every day. And each day has structure (circle time, table work, free play, gross motor (playground) time, etc...) Ask about how they handle behavior problems, potty training (many kids are still training, and do have accidents), ask how you as a parent can be involved in your child's classroom (volunteer as room mom/party committee if parents organize the parties or teacher appreciation week.

You best guide to a preschool is by observing teachers interacting with the kids, you want nurturing and nice, yet firm enough to maintain control over a group of children. You want activities to be FUN and not just sitting at a table coloring worksheets (some kids to well with that, others do not. kids mature at different rates). You want to make sure there are lots of toys so there aren't fights, over the one doll in the class,  nd that the room is organized so the kids know where to put toys away when they are done. At 3 they do learn about "clean up time".

Ask about class size. If your child is behind developmentally, you might prefer a smaller class size than larger to get more individualized attention, and also so your child does not become overstimulated by too many kids (and the noise level).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)