Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how should it take?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

to get a tax return??? does anyone know the average time to get a direct deposit tax return?

we filed like ten days ago...and we dont even know if it is processed

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
little.miss.mom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:55 PM

google where's my refund. It will take you to the IRS website where you just put in your ssn and a few other things and they will tell you when you should receive your refund.

judybant
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Did you file electronically? Or did you mail it in? If you mailed it in, it will take from 4 to 8 weeks... if you filed electronically, you can go to http://www.irs.gov/ and click on the "where's my refund" on the main page, enter the first social security number you entered on your tax forms, and how much you expect to be getting back, and it will tell you what the status is...

unclemomma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:56 PM

yeah, we did that and it just says there is no info available

Quoting little.miss.mom:

google where's my refund. It will take you to the IRS website where you just put in your ssn and a few other things and they will tell you when you should receive your refund.

momma43789
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:57 PM

ours were 8-15 days

Daisypath Wedding tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

MrsAMleibo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I e-filed through H&R Block it is suppose to be direct deposited withing 8-15 days...sometime earlier it all dendends.  I filed the 20th of Jan and it was approved the 21st and it is supposed to be her BY the 9th of Feb. 

MrsAMleibo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:58 PM

It takes the IRS 48-72 hours to file it into the website.

Quoting unclemomma:

Quoting little.miss.mom:

Jaclynx3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I use taxact and I get an email with in 24 hrs if they are received and another one with in the next day that says accepted.   Refund in 9 days  usually

unclemomma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:00 PM

okay, but we efiled... and we did so one the fifteenth...so shouldnt there be info by now

Quoting MrsAMleibo:

Quoting unclemomma:

Quoting little.miss.mom:

wife.and.mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:02 PM

do you have your confirmation that you filed...

after you hit submitt you should have received something (i havent filed by myself in over 10 years) but that is what i do remember.

and when my account files for me, he always sends me a confirmation

MrsAMleibo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Did you recieve a confirmation email about the e-file.....something similar to this:

Dear                           ,

Your federal tax return has been successfully e-filed, but hasn't yet been approved by the IRS.
After your federal return(s) is processed by the IRS, you'll receive another e-mail with "Check E-file Status" in the subject line. When you receive your e-file status update, you must sign in to your online tax account and check your status details.
Thanks for using H&R Block.
**Please don't reply to this automated message.**

Quoting unclemomma:

okay, but we efiled... and we did so one the fifteenth...so shouldnt there be info by now

Quoting MrsAMleibo:

Quoting unclemomma:

Quoting little.miss.mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)