• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ikea

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:01 PM
  • 13 Replies

Does anyone have Ikea furniture? Which pieces do you have? How do you like it? Is it comfortable? Durable?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zjonzie
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:03 PM

i am curious too.  i have a catalog i ordered with some super cute stuff but i wanted to hear from others first their opinion of quality.  i really want a bathroom sink-cabinet combo.

CoastieWifePR
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I have a huge entertainment system and it is very good, well, we're not using it because we recently got a tv that's too big for it but we plan on putting it downstairs for the kids area we're gonna do down there...  We also have a coffee table and the matching tables for the living room, again, pretty good...  We need to get a new dining room set and I want hubby to consider Ikea because I like their style and he also likes their stuff so we'll see...

jlm2676
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

We have a TV cabinet/stand and 2 dressers from Ikea.  They are ok, the TV stand thing works pretty good considering it has gotten beaten up by the kids.  When we got it DD would hang on the doors and they have with stood her and now DS.  As for the dressers we stuff too many clothes in them so the bottom of the bottom drawers are starting to fall out.  DD did try climbing DH's dresser one time and broke the drawers but DH was able to fix them.

JEN
baby development

babies
CoastieWifePR
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:07 PM

This is the entertainment system we got, obviously the decorations are not from Ikea...  Its a little bit over 7 ft tall and wasnt expensive...

and the tables (you can tell we had just decorated the living room that day lol):

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I have an TV stand from there and my son's bed came from Ikea.

I love both.

I'm about go purchase a couch and dining room table with our tax return.

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I like the tables! Are those the LACK tables?

Quoting CoastieWifePR:

This is the entertainment system we got, obviously the decorations are not from Ikea...  Its a little bit over 7 ft tall and wasnt expensive...

and the tables (you can tell we had just decorated the living room that day lol):

krise
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM

We have our whole livingroom, our whole bedroom, and my DD's whole room in Ikea furnature. I love there styles and we haven't had any issues execpt for one dresser. Honestly thought I think it's because my dh messed it up. lol. I do plan on getting my whole kitchen done from them too, will be a while before I do that. 

imthatgirl728
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Sure doin this picture is the tv stand and many of the glass items.

Its hard to see but this is my kitchen table and chairs from ikea.

The buffet(that we don;t use as a buffet) behind my son is also Ikea and matches the table.

Today I can say I am PROUD to be from Massachusetts!!

Hey Mr. President....Can. You. Hear. Us. NOW!!!!!

CoastieWifePR
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I think so 

Quoting UxorQuodMatris:

I like the tables! Are those the LACK tables?

hmsfroggy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:14 PM

We have the same entertainment system I love it but I HATE there mattresses, we bought one not even two years ago and from the day we bought it our backs hurt (could not return it b/c my DD spilled makeup on it) So I do not recommend those but everything else I love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)