Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

---NINTENDO DSi?---

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

Does anyone know how to get it connected to the internet?

thanks

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
themacs4
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Good question..I was trying to figure out my daughters last night.  The connection is established, but I can't figure out how to connect. 

mom22tumblebugs
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I have a wireless router for my DSL and use the same encryption code security password I  use for my laptop to access wireless internet for the DSi.

JCTVCBN
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 11:22 AM

bump

mom22tumblebugs
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:07 PM

You need to give more info on how you are trying to connect? Is your computer hooked up to a wireless router? Or is it just hard lined? You need wireless connectivity in your home to use the internet in your home.

Or you could go somwhere that has wifi and try it there, using the manual that came with the dsi to go through the steps. I have had no problem connecting after I input my security code.

Quoting JCTVCBN:

bump

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dsi/en_na/online.jsp

krise
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

You need to give more info on how you are trying to connect? Is your computer hooked up to a wireless router? Or is it just hard lined? You need wireless connectivity in your home to use the internet in your home.

Or you could go somwhere that has wifi and try it there, using the manual that came with the dsi to go through the steps. I have had no problem connecting after I input my security code.

Quoting JCTVCBN:

bump

yes this. we have a wireless router. Then just follow the directions on your DSi.

JCTVCBN
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Quoting JCTVCBN:

bump

Where would I find my security code?

Thanks for the info.

I had bought my son this plug that connects from his DSi to my computer,

and I wish it were easier. 

I wish I knew more about this,

but all I know is that I have wireless internet service from AT&T that uses GSM mode.

I used to be able to connect to Wi-Fi mode but not anymore.

It now gives me a message of 

No networks detected (Radio off).

mom22tumblebugs
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Quoting JCTVCBN:

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

Quoting JCTVCBN:

bump

Where would I find my security code?

Thanks for the info.

I had bought my son this plug that connects from his DSi to my computer,

and I wish it were easier. 

I wish I knew more about this,

but all I know is that I have wireless internet service from AT&T that uses GSM mode.

I used to be able to connect to Wi-Fi mode but not anymore.

It now gives me a message of 

No networks detected (Radio off).

But are you using your wireless to connect your computer (meaning are there NO cords attached to your computer to gain internet access). If you are wireless with your computer you have wifi in your home.

If not, you need to talk to at&t about how to get your wifi to work in your home. You need a signal to have wifi and apparently if your electronics are not detecting a signal, your wireless hardware (what do you have? a box? what kind?) is not functioning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)