Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:33 PM
  • 21 Replies

DIAPERS! We have no diapers/pull ups. DD has been running around naked most of the day, but it bugs the daylights out of me. We don't have the money to get anything, suggestions on what to do.....

ETA: I found newborn diapers in the babies dresser, so we are just going to exchange those. DH asked for a loan today for $100 and they told him no, so we are making do with what we have.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pearlmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:35 PM

bump

johnny4ever
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:35 PM

dishcloth or bath towl and use safety pins or clothes pins

cheffiecms
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Start potty training?

iluvmypreemies
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Why are you not keeping up with the diapers and pull ups? Why wait until they are gone to get more?

You can start potty training during the day and make a cloth diaper for night time(with a cover) for night time. Maybe borrow money or pawn something to get some money.

purple ribbon
Lupus Awarness                         

shis_mama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:47 PM

We are working on potty training. She is actually doing ALOT better now then before. We had unexpected expenses that came up this weekend that obviously we didnt expect. If that had not of happened then we would have the money to get diapers, I ALWAYS make sure we have them.

CafeMom Tickers
ericagwen
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:48 PM
Small towels, receiving blankets, old t-shirts... Any of these can be used to make a cloth diaper when you're in a bind. You might need a couple of old t-shirts for one diaper. If you don't know how to fold a diaper just do a search online. If your daughter has any fleece pants those can work for a water resistant cover. Good luck mama!
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I see you're a military family. If you are hurting on money that bad have him talk to one of the guys at work..i'm sure someone could pitch in. I would also sign up for a financial course they offer free on base. You have another baby on the way and that could help. Gl.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I agree with the above response as well as not trying to be rude but you can't afford diapers but you can afford another baby?

If it was me I would try selling some old toys, clothes your dd has grown out of, etc to see if you can get a bit of cash to buy some diapers.  Do you have any family or friends you can borrow money from?  And if all fails you can make your own diapers using old t shirts, dish towels, etc.  GL

shis_mama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Ok, we had UNEXPECTED expenses come this past weekend. This is the FIRST time we have come close to running out of diapers. I forgot that we have some newborn diapers that we are taking to exchange for her size. I want to know where people can sit there and say that just because we had unforeseen expenses come up that we had to take care of that we can't afford another baby. The only government thing we are on is WIC and that is it. We take care of our daughter and buy our own food. We have bought all of our babies things with our own money too.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

I agree with the above response as well as not trying to be rude but you can't afford diapers but you can afford another baby?

If it was me I would try selling some old toys, clothes your dd has grown out of, etc to see if you can get a bit of cash to buy some diapers.  Do you have any family or friends you can borrow money from?  And if all fails you can make your own diapers using old t shirts, dish towels, etc.  GL

shis_mama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I know how to manage our finances. I have since Jan '07 and we have been in worse times then this but we still provided everything that our DD needed before our own needs. I have already figured in what baby will need every month.

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

I see you're a military family. If you are hurting on money that bad have him talk to one of the guys at work..i'm sure someone could pitch in. I would also sign up for a financial course they offer free on base. You have another baby on the way and that could help. Gl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)