Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rotovirus???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:26 PM
  • 5 Replies

how long does rotovirus last? My 2 year old has been sick with it for about a week..and her dr doesnt seem concerned..she said it will pass..well....I'm sitting here looking at her..shes spacing out and wont eat or drink. Shes just sitting really still and not talking and stuff with us...should i be worried shes like this now??

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I would be worried that she's getting dehydrated. Will she drink pedialyte or eat popsicles? If not, I'd consider taking her in.

southernjess3
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:28 PM

she drank a few hours ago..but suddenly just....is sitting there staring blankly..

Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

I would be worried that she's getting dehydrated. Will she drink pedialyte or eat popsicles? If not, I'd consider taking her in.

CafeMom Tickers

flipper_28
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:33 PM

does she have a fever? if she is not acting like herself, i would go ahead and take her in....go with your gut....your mommy instincts will let ya know.....only you know your child.

when life gives you lemons, throw them at the mean people and hope it hits them in the eye..

starlight1611
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM

She needs to be drinking ALL the time to prevent dehydration. 

in loveboy n girlpuppycat

*Military Wife to my HS sweetheart and SAHM to our 2 most amazing children DS(4.5) & DD (3)* & our 2 furbabies Brody(Puggle) & Sophie(Cat)

Beth5289
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:38 PM

DD had it for 14 days at a year old and 8 days at 2 years old.  It's supposed to less time every reoccurance.  Fortunately we have not had it a third time yet.  :: crosses fingers ::

Good luck mama!

Beth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)