• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Opinions (kinda long)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

When I met my husband and he told me that his mother was crazy, I should have ran.  It's normal for her to give us guilt trips constantly, but she has pushed it way too far. While we moved back to Texas she told us that we could stay there rent free for as long as we needed. During that time our son was hospitalized and passed away. A few weeks ago she calls on our son's 2nd birthday to complain about how messy our boys were. They are only 2 and 3 so they do make messes. My dh told her that she should have kicked us out because this was more insulting. She went on about how horrible our kids are. At this point I didn't want to have anything to do with her. Btw, we didn't stay for free, we helped out on bills, I cleaned, I took her everywhere when she broke her foot, and my dh kept up with her yard. Today, she decides to just come over unannounced. My two year was taking his nap and they come through the door being loud as hell asking for the boys. I tell her that he's asleep but they kept being loud. Then she got butt-hurt when my 3 yr old had nothing to do with her. When she was leaving he wouldn't even tell her bye even though I told him to. It's one thing when she does something to me or my dh, but its a whole nother ball game when she does something to my kids.  She only came over because she was seeing her favorite grandson and decided to spend a few mins here. Two of my dh's brothers hardly ever let their kids see her. She complains that we never see her, but we go like once a month sometimes more. Then when we do see her she tries to push us out the door. ould it be wrong to not let my kids see her? When I was majorly pissed today, I called my dh and told him that I didn't want our kids around her and he said that he understood. I don't even know what to do in this stituation. It seems wrong to do that to her, but I don't want to give her the chance to hurt our kids, like she has to their cousins.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TheLastLetter
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Hurt them how???If U feel she will then Hell yeah keep her away

Well its in ur right to protect your kids.  Just dont keep her away because of what someone else says or how u feel about her ( you know the age ole I cant stand her so she cant see her grandkids & I am in no way saying that is what u are doing)

TheLastLetter
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Oh and I am so sorry to hear about ur baby. I cant even fathom the pain.

zackaroosmom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:51 PM

She doesn't physically harm them. Besides maybe all the junk that she feeds them. Anyways it's mainly saying that she'll be there and then never show. Sometimes she'll say something about my bil's to the kids. For some reason, all of us moms are wrong about everything. Like one of my nieces, she'll ask if her mom hits her. She'll ask another why they don't come see her. /she promised on of my nieces that she would go to a swim meet, but never showed. Maybe I'm just being overprotected with them, but I don't want my kids to have to be let because their not that one special grandchild. She does the same to her own kids. She'll will constantly put them down besides one of them. That one son of hers does no wrong. I just don't know what to do...Thank you for the condolences.  

TheLastLetter
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Yeah that sucks. All I can say is play it by ear. I know most dont want to hear this but you never know how she was raised, you know how her family treated her growing up. She may just be repeating the cycle.  I know that sounds messed up and that no its not an excuse but I have seen it in my own life. with people in my family and my hubbys family.  And u know once u get so old the "you cant tell me nothing" or the "there is nothing wrong with the way I act" blah blah BS just gets worse.  Next time she says she is coming remind her.  If she keeps bailing out or making comments let her know.  As for the junk well all I can say on that is thats grandparents lol.

Quoting zackaroosmom:

She doesn't physically harm them. Besides maybe all the junk that she feeds them. Anyways it's mainly saying that she'll be there and then never show. Sometimes she'll say something about my bil's to the kids. For some reason, all of us moms are wrong about everything. Like one of my nieces, she'll ask if her mom hits her. She'll ask another why they don't come see her. /she promised on of my nieces that she would go to a swim meet, but never showed. Maybe I'm just being overprotected with them, but I don't want my kids to have to be let because their not that one special grandchild. She does the same to her own kids. She'll will constantly put them down besides one of them. That one son of hers does no wrong. I just don't know what to do...Thank you for the condolences.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)